Monday, December 22, 2008

Year in Review


So, I only sent a few Christmas cards out this year, and I didn't include a letter about our eventful year. SO, here is the Aitchison Family Year in Review!!!

We have had an interesting year. February was a BIG month for us. We bought a townhome on Feb 15th, found out we were expecting our 3rd child on the 20th and also found out that Silas has Rheumatoid Arthritis.

At week 9 of my pregnancy, I started bleeding and was on bedrest. It was a very scary time, but we made it though without any permanent damage.

In June we found out that we were having a baby boy. We wanted to name him after my dad (his middle name is James) and we love the name Grant, which is a Scottish name from Silas's geneaology. So we ended up with Grant James.

July we had our annual Rowley Reunion which is always a blast, although being prego and camping don't mix too well for me.

August 9th- Ryan turns 2! He is a very funny boy.
August also took us to Provo for a Hoyle family reunion. It was so nice to see members of our family that we don't get to see too much. A few weeks later, Silas started another semester of school. Around this time, Silas's RA medication started to work, giving him some needed pain relief which is such a blessing.

With the new home we also have a new ward. We miss our old ward, but have been enjoying the Cobble Creek Ward a lot. We are in charge of the Activities Committee and I teach Relief Society, which I love!!!

October 25th- Grant James Aitchison was born. We love him! Silas's mom, Joleen, was out for 3 weeks which was awesome.

November 20th- Cleod turned 4! Our little guy is getting to be a big boy. November also brought some final decisions on what Silas is doing in school, so we know for sure that he has 3 semesters left. There is an end in sight.

December 12th was our 5th anniversary...we took the family to DQ. Woot. We are enjoying Christmas at my mom and dad's.

Overall, it has been a great year where we have really grown as a couple and a family...BUT...I am looking forward to a new year with some new goals. Silas has a great job at State Bank of Southern Utah and I coordinate the day care at a local gym which I really enjoy. We are really blessed!

Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

kristen said...

Merry CHristmas Robyn! How long will you be in Vegas? I WANT TO SEE YOU!

Selissa said...

That is a full year. We miss you guys!

Christine said...

Wow, you did have a crazy year! I still can't believe you had to babysit my kids in the midst of your miscarriage scare! And yeah, camping while preggo, no thanks!

Whetmans said...

Did you know that Grant was born on my birthday? Cool! And Cleod has the same birthday as Stephanie. How fun is that?

Hillary Sperry said...

What a year! And a great idea, I loved reading about your family :) And congrats on the new home the baby, not so much for the arthritis (Pain!!!) but yes for the meds :) And especially on the 5 years!! Merry Christmas!

Zach and Shanna said...

Merry Christmas! I'm just letting you know I have a recipe book here for you if you still want one. They are $7.00. Just let me know.