Saturday, July 23, 2011

Four

So, have you heard people say that after 3 kids it's not as hard? I have. Several times.

They lied.

Big time.

I am just getting out of survival mode, 7 months (in a few days) after having Cora. I can get my important stuff done and sometimes a little more, although I am not ready for crafting and that type of thing.

Don't get me wrong. I love my kids. Cora is the best baby, it's just that there is always someone who needs you. That can be such a good feeling and so overwhelming too.

Anyway, this is why I haven't blogged much. I don't feel badly about this, except that I don't journal much otherwise so it's a good way to do that. I will try a little harder. I do have our trip to MO I need to post...

We'll see.

5 comments:

Jana said...

Annie will be 9 months in a week, and I usually feel like I'm in survival mode still. And I just have 3. Sometimes I imagine having 4 and kind of freak out. It's like the more kids I have, the less I want. How can this be happening to me? We wanted tons of kids! Jeff claims he still does...but I can't imagine being anything like a good mom to any more than the ones I have! Maybe in a year or two the feeling will wear off...

Meredith said...

You mean you can't keep up with EVERYTHING and 4 kids?! What's wrong with you!? LOL

Heck yes it's hard! I have better days than others. It's a whole other person you are throwing into the bunch...to take care of, get accustomed to your routine, feed, clothe, keep clean....it's a lot.

Don't stress over what other people say and do. We are all different and handle a different amount of stress. And that's OK. :)

Judy said...

I feel the same way, but with 3 kids! I think the thing that really makes a difference is how close in age your kids are... not how many, because then older kids can help out a lot more when they are spaced out farther.... oh well, hopefully they'll all be really close when they are older... if we survive!

kristen said...

Jana spoke my thoughts exactly. The more kids I have, the less I want. I'm thinking the day I KNOW I'm done having kids will be a huge celebration! Get rid of ALL the baby stuff! No more boxes of clothes that kids have outgrown.

Amber and Jared said...

Robin, People told me the same thing! Four kids is stinking hard! My 4th is 2 years old and I have had to force myself to come to terms with the fact that I can not keep up on things the way I could when I had just 3. Hang in there, it does get a little better...or maybe you just get used to the chaos. :)