Saturday, February 4, 2012

Aitchison update

So, I am copying this idea from my cute cousin Meredith. Just wanted to document some of the things that are going on with each of us right now.

Silas- Going on his 6th year at the bank. Good stable job, although he wishes for his dream job. Doesn't everyone? My job, then, is to continue to make him feel good about himself in general so he doesn't get too discouraged. :)

He is the Financial Clerk in our ward at church, which means he helps pay bills and count the donations. It's a good calling for him and he loves working with the Bishopric. He is trying to play racquetball once or twice a week. He loves it and it makes him feel lots better.

Speaking of how he's feeling...it has almost been a year since we found out his has Psoriatic Arthritis. He's been on HUMIRA, an arthritis med, for 9 months now and off the prednisone for about 5 months, I think. He has lost the extra weight that the prednisone caused him to gain, which makes him very happy. The new meds are a BLESSING that's for sure. They are also expensive ($1700 a month), but we have found several foundations who help patients with their prescriptions, so we're doing fine.

Me- I just started a new blog which I think about all the time. I have been trying to get some more family history done, but it's not happening very fast. I have been trying to INDEX though, which is fun and rewarding. I love staying home with the kids, but we are ready for some warmer weather. We need outside time! I have been teaching Relief Society once a month now for 4 years or so. I love it. I hope to do it for years more!

Cleod- Just turned 7 in November but I swear he is getting so grown up. A year ago, even 6 months ago, he was my hardest kids. Not anymore. He still drives me crazy every once in a while, but he is nice and helpful. He has been reading the Book of Mormon on his own and has had some good experiences with prayer and the Holy Ghost. It's so rewarding as a parent to see your child feeling these things and having good experiences. Love it! He reads a ton still, even without being reminded, loves playing the computer or Silas's phone (a little too much) and has a new, annoying habit of messing with his teeth and tongue while he talks. Oh and he just started piano lessons and LOVES it.

Ryan- This 5 year old is an emotional roller coaster ride! He was the happiest toddler ever and still can be SO happy but he also gets SO sad. Something will make him sad and he's sad for 20 or 30 minutes. For an adult, that's not long, but for a 5 year old, it's forever. Hopefully it doesn't last long. Ryan is loving Kindergarten and I love his teacher. She's adorable. He's starting to really figure out reading. He can pretty much read a verse of scripture with little or no help. He is also getting to be quite an artist. He got a sketch pad for Christmas and it's pretty fun to see what he draws. A few weeks ago he started a little song and dance group that a lady in town runs. She was offering free tuition so we are going to see if he likes it and maybe do it again in the fall. So far he loves it and it's right up his alley with music, dance and a little drama.

Grant- Our cute toddler is turning into quite the little stinker. He takes his precious time to respond to his parents, which drives them CRAZY. Good thing he's cute. He just started Sunbeams at church and that seems to be going...ok. His teacher told me that she has to be strict with him because he's pushing the boundaries. I was like, "Um, that sounds about right." I was a little embarrassed but he's just barely 3, so it's normal. He is a champ at the whole potty thing. He is small for his age, which I love. The only bad thing about it is that he always wants to sit in Ryan's booster when Ryan's at school, but he is too short. He is a really good eater and loves to help Mom whenever she's in the kitchen.

Cora- Our little, 13 month old princess! She is going to be so spoiled! We love everything about her. She is so good and entertains herself so well. She loves her brothers and is rowdy just like they are. She loves her blankie and goes to sleep like a champ. She's a little small for her age, but she eats as much or more than her brothers. She hates getting her hair done. She mastered the stairs a few months ago and it sometimes takes me a while to find her. She's usually playing in her room or following Grant around. She started walking about a week after her birthday but she doesn't stop walking now. She is very friendly and it seems like she almost expects attention from people at the grocery store. She isn't talking much, and refuses to say "Da da" although she used to all the time. She is so smart though.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

So fun to hear about you all! I can't believe how old Cleod is looking! Also, Grant and Logan would probably get along swimmingly! :)

Jamie said...

So cute! Love your family. We need to get together, it seems like its been a while. Oh, and I love your new blog! I was telling Kathleen about it.I just need to get on the ball, I've been slacking on our food storage.