Friday, November 11th-
- Silas had day off for Veteran's day. Yea!
- I decided randomly to paint the girls’ room with leftover paint from the main level remodeling.
- Silas played racquetball for a couple hours in the morning.
- Molly seemed better this morning and ate a little breakfast. The girls played together and watched a movie in our room while I painted.
- I helped in Cora's class.
- I worked on painting room again until evening, before taking Molly to the InstaCare and then ER...she had another “episode” with severe stomach pain and we were really worried. We realized later that if it was something really bad like her appendix, she would be in pain for a lot longer. The doctors were really helpful and I feel OK about just watching her. She has some weird virus but because she has shown improvement it shouldn't be long before she's better. By the time we were at the ER she had a boost in her energy and was really hyper and happy but as we left the hospital she was exhausted again.
- Finished painting ceiling and walls so just need to do baseboards and trim.
![]() |
| Molly wrote her name for the first time at lunch today! |
![]() |
| Meticulously blowing her nose at the InstaCare |
![]() |
| Miserable girl after giving a urine sample. |
![]() |
| Being silly at the ER |
Saturday, November 12th-
Today I ran my first 10K! It was really great. Megan and I started at a really quick pace, faster than I had trained for so I couldn't keep it up. I finally had to stop and walk for about 30 seconds because I had the WORST side cramp. I prayed and prayed that it would subside so I could finish. Within a few minutes it was gone and I got into my groove. I ran the rest of the race at my normal pace and ended up finishing 1:00:57, so just 57 seconds over an hour for 6.2 miles. My pace was 9:37 min/mile average according to my running app. I am very happy with that time. The race was from Springdale to Graffton, UT and was so beautiful! I definitely want to do this race again. Megan got 2nd place in our age group so we stayed a little longer than planned so she could get her medal, which was so great.
Today I ran my first 10K! It was really great. Megan and I started at a really quick pace, faster than I had trained for so I couldn't keep it up. I finally had to stop and walk for about 30 seconds because I had the WORST side cramp. I prayed and prayed that it would subside so I could finish. Within a few minutes it was gone and I got into my groove. I ran the rest of the race at my normal pace and ended up finishing 1:00:57, so just 57 seconds over an hour for 6.2 miles. My pace was 9:37 min/mile average according to my running app. I am very happy with that time. The race was from Springdale to Graffton, UT and was so beautiful! I definitely want to do this race again. Megan got 2nd place in our age group so we stayed a little longer than planned so she could get her medal, which was so great.
We got home a little before 1pm. My cute family had finished their chores and their computer time and were playing outside with neighbors.
Molly was doing so much better this morning so we decided it was OK to go to the temple together. We were thinking last night about having Silas go alone but changed our minds. Plus, Natalie is super capable. Molly was fine but did start feeling tired and yucky again while we were gone.
After the temple, which was wonderful, we had dinner at Cracker Barrel with Clint & Elisha and Frank. We enjoyed their company a lot.
While we were still in St. George we found out that Danny Bedard had another stroke and was at the hospital on St. George so we stopped by there to see him for a little while before heading home.
Sunday, November 13th-
Molly has been on today but not great. Her eyes are super bloodshot tonight and she isn't close to her normal self. I am hoping we can get into the Dr tomorrow. I am sort of wishing we had done some tests while we were at the hospital on Friday...but I just figured that if it wasn't something serious it would go away soon. She hasn't had a fever yesterday or today so that is an improvement but she isn't eating well and is so irritable. It's frustrating because she acts like she gets whatever she wants...because she usually does, plus we've been babying her this week. She's getting a little beastly.
Today was a little harder day for the Bishop's family. Because he isn't available to be Dad during church I was stressing a little this morning about what to do. I didn't want to miss Cleod's last day of primary but I didn't know if we should have Molly in nursery….or at church at all. I was wishing that I didn't have a Sunday calling or that my mom lived closer. I finally decided just to keep her with me in Primary. It worked out but wasn't ideal.
This evening Silas was home way later than normal so I had to leave for choir practice before he even got home. When I got back, he was sleeping on the couch with Molly and when he woke up, he was grumpy. He finally explained that a couple of people are mad at him so he was feeling badly about that. It is truly hard to be the Bishop and people sometimes don't realize that he is just a regular guy who is doing his best to serve the Lord. He comes home drained every Sunday but to come home discouraged too just makes me sad and mad. The kids really had no positive interaction with their dad today and that frustrates me.









No comments:
Post a Comment