Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Week 2, January 8-14

Sunday, January 8th-

Christmas exchange with Warbys
  • Ryan fasted for the first time. It seemed to be a good experience for him. Cleod was going to but woke up with a headache.
  • Molly is saying the ‘R' in Cora instead of saying it, “Cowa.” It's cute but makes me sad. It's another baby thing that she's growing out of.
  • Silas’s schedule on Sunday is nice. He goes on early (6am) every week (not a ton different because he was doing that a couple times a month) and then he stays for an hour after church setting people apart and doing interviews. Then he comes home for 2 hours to eat and rest and then back for a couple hours for interviews. It is nice to see him in the afternoon. He was still super tired tonight but it seemed better.
  • After dinner we went to the Warby’s for dessert and Christmas present exchange (finally!). We had such a great time….except Grant tripped and hit his head on the wall and was bleeding for a little bit. It looked worse than I think it is. It was a little scary for a few minutes though.

Trying to get the sticky toy off the rock
Grant's injury
Monday, January 9th-
Making laundry soap
  • Grant stayed home so I could watch him. He seems fine after his head injury last night but I wanted to be safe.
  • Silas come home so I could still go to the gym. He's so nice to me.
  • I made lots of laundry soap, ironed 6 white shirts and did a couple loads of laundry before taking Cora to school. Grant and the girls colored and crafted while I worked.
  • We picked up burgers and went to the bank to eat with Silas for lunch.
  • Ryan had guitar lessons and is doing so well.
  • We watched the Championship game for college football tonight. Silas had an awful headache so he didn't get to watch most of it with us. We ended up staying up too late for a school night and I was grumpy...but it was a really good game! haha

Tuesday, January 10th-
  • Woke up Grandma
  • Went grocery shopping and picked up a few Valentine's decorations.
  • Cleod- piano lessons
Shopping fun

Wednesday, January 11th-
Results from a reading test Cleod took that shows
he is reading on an 11th grade reading level!

Today was the first time in a long time that we had a lazy afternoon on Wednesday! With paper route and Cleod's piano across town Wednesdays have been busy but now we don't have papers and today was the first day without piano on Wednesdays so it felt much calmer. Grant went to play at the Scherick's and Brady came over here to play with Ryan. The other kids enjoyed time out with neighbors and I caught up on the blog and on my budget.

This morning I got the van inspected so I could renew the registration. We had to buy a new windshield the other day which wasn't great but it didn't cost as much as I thought it would. The girls had fun playing "work" while we were at Big-O and they also took pictures with my phone.
Molly
Posing at Big-O

Thursday, January 12th-

Girls coloring on the easel today
  • Woke up Grandma
  • Ryan piano lessons
  • Nice evening at home with nothing specific to do!


Friday, January 13th-
Cora was rocking Molly like a baby

Molly drawing and writing names
Cute buns!
Cora's drawing of the church
  • Love Fridays
  • Helped in Cora's class
  • ImagePro and Bank
  • Rested with Molly
  • Temple with Silas-We did sealings and went to Texas Roadhouse for a yummy dinner.
  • Natalie had the kids do a dessert cook-off. She is so fun!


Saturday, January 14th-

  • New chore chart...always interesting/hard to start.
  • Kianna’s basketball game (I took just Ryan and Cora because the other kids hadn't finished their chores)
  • Games and dinner at Warby’s

No comments: