Sunday, April 23rd-
Silas stayed home today and rested. We both want him to be well by Saturday when we leave for Florida. The kids and I barely made it on time but we made it and church was good.
In the evening, Cleod and I went back to the church for a Youth Devotional about intimacy given by Pres. Mack from the Spanish branch. It was really good and Cleod enjoyed it as well.
Monday, April 24th-
This afternoon Ryan came home asking if he could try out for the next play that the Children's Musical Theater is going to do in August. He has wanted to be in a play forever and Silas and I have wanted him too but it has been too stressful to think of in the past. Today for some reason it seemed ok. I went online to look at the info about it and there was a workshop about an hour later to help the kids prep for auditions, so he and I went to that.
It was packed! They talked to the kids about auditioning and then they practiced the audition songs with them for a while. I was able to get him signed up for an audition (for tomorrow) and registered and paid. So he will be in either way! There are only a small amount of actual speaking parts but he will get good experience just being in the play in general.
Tuesday, April 25th-
![]() |
| Crazy Molly at Wal-Mart this morning |
Ryan did great at his audition. He was nervous and missed a few words but for the first audition he's ever done it was great. I was super nervous too but we made it and we are both happy with the results. I wish I would have taken a picture, but I was too nervous.
![]() |
| Grant and his new tennis shoes |
![]() |
| Molly in our bed looking at "finding books" |
Wednesday, April 26th-
![]() |
| Ryan receiving some scout awards |
I like my kids. I like the people they are becoming and how they can talk to others, even adults. Tonight after pack meeting, Ryan and Grant around the neighborhood to self something for the Scout Expo. They sold a bunch so I walked over with them to Eagle Point to see if they could sell the rest. They didn't even ask me what do say and just went up and asked people if they wanted to but the flyer with the coupons. They both were polite and confident. The girls wanted to help and behaved themselves. It made me a happy mommy.
At Pack Meeting tonight the boys got some awards and Grant finally officially received his Bobcat so that was exciting.
Thursday, April 27th-
This morning the girls and I went to the Shirley's house to play and have lunch because it is Ember's birthday. Lori made us crepes but Molly only ate strawberries with sprinkles. It was funny. Lori and I had a good visit and the kids enjoyed playing with each other.
Tonight was Cleod's last band concert of the school year. The band really sounded great and it amazes me how much they can learn by meeting just a few hours a week.
During the concert Mrs. Anderson talked about Summer band and we got flyers for both Cleod and Ryan. Cleod wants to play the Oboe during the summer and Ryan is going to start with the clarinet. They are both super excited.
![]() |
| Lunch at the Shirley's |
![]() |
| Beginning Band Concert |
![]() |
| Molly hugging Cleod after his concert |
Friday, April 28th
Molly and I forgot to help at the school today and went to get her a haircut after dropping off Cora at school. She was pretty excited. I was a little sad at first because I like her hair being longer but she HATES having her hair brushes, hates ponytails and basically never wants me to touch it. I am hoping this shorter hair-do will be easy to manage.
![]() |
| Cute Molly gets a hair cut |
Mom came up after school and we visited and got the house ready and packed for the trip. I'm excited and nervous. I hope Grandma survives.
Saturday, April 29th
![]() |
| On the plane |
The small plane was so bumpy that I was sick most of the way. Luckily we had a tall wind so the flight to Phoenix was less than an hour. We had time there to eat and get to our next gate in plenty of time.
The bigger plane to Orlando was better but I am not excited to get back on a plane next week. Silas and I were able to watch a movie in the plane so that did help the time to pass.
![]() |
| Waiting for the shuttle |
When we landed we had to wait for a shuttle to the rental car place which seemed life forever because we were pretty hungry. Once we had the car we headed to Longhorn Steakhouse, which was pretty good.
The hotel we are staying in for the first 3 days is nice, although it doesn't compare to how fancy the Gaylord Opryland Hotel was.
(Photo disclaimer: Silas made grumpy faces to be silly for the kids because I was sending Grandma pictures of everything.)
![]() |
| Eating an onion blossom |
![]() |
| Yummy dinner |
![]() |
| View from our hotel room |
![]() |
| More of our hotel from our room |
Pictures from today that Grandma sent to me of the kids at the park and hanging out at Grandma and Grandpa's house. (Grandma took them to Vegas Saturday afternoon to Sunday afternoon so she wouldn't miss her Ward Conference.)



















No comments:
Post a Comment