Sunday, October 1, 2017

Week 37, September 10-16

Sunday, September 10th-


Today was a Regional Stake Conference Broadcast. Elder Stevenson from the Quorum of the Twelve was the last speaker and I really enjoyed his words. In fact, I enjoyed the whole meeting. I am hoping that feeling the Spirit again during meetings isn’t just stemming from the fact that Silas has been sitting with us the last 3 weeks in a row. I’m hoping that I am just out of my slump and I can enjoy, or even semi-enjoy my church meetings again. I guess we will see what happens next Sunday. Either way, today’s meeting was wonderful and I am going to try to be more cheerful and humble through my trials (two things that were talked about today).


Silas and I met with Pres. Rau this evening to discuss Silas calling and our family life. He is a good man and gave us some good council.

Monday, September 11th-


35 weeks. Had an appointment with Laurie this morning and it made me feel positive. She asked if I’d want to induce if it was an option and I told her yes. In a way, I’d like to see myself going into labor on my own but I’ve never really done it and so I would probably go late. With the way I feel physically and emotionally already I DO NOT want to go too much after my due date, if at all, so I guess we will see in the next few weeks what will happen there.


Silas had an appointment today with Dr. North about some stuff that he’s been dealing with, wanting some perspective from someone medically and someone who knows the trials of being a Bishop, which Dr. North does. He’s testing him for some different things and gave him some meds, so we will see what comes from that.

For our home evening activity tonight, Silas and the kids went out and weeded some of the backyard. It's a mess but just not a priority right now. The kids really enjoyed weeding though. It was cute.





Tuesday, September 12th-


Molly and I went to St. George this morning for a shopping spree! I literally spent way too much money but I am happy to have it done. We bought some clothes for me for the hospital (comfy, jammie clothes) and a few outfits for Robert, literally the first clothing items for him that I have purchased except for some white onesies. So now we are ready for the hospital!


Grandma Rowley came up to meet us and shop with us which was such a blessing, especially since we filled up 2 carts of stuff at Costco. I stocked up on all kinds of snacks and home lunch food as well as toilet paper, paper towels, etc. It is nice to have another thing marked off my TO-DO BEFORE BABY COMES list.
Trunk full and we are exhausted!
New headbands and shoes from our shopping spree




Wednesday, September 13th-


Molly is sick again today. She has only thrown up a couple times but she’s been sick to her stomach most of the day and couldn’t eat until evening. But once she ate she was actually totally normal. Ryan has a football game this evening and I even took her with us and just had her avoid other kids. I’m glad she is already feeling better. It seems like she gets little sicknesses a lot.

While she rested, I put together a shelf I bought to help our laundry to be more organized. I love how it turned out.


This evening I talked to Lori on video chat for a while. They are still living in hotels in Okinawa and having a hard time not being established in a home yet. I feel so bad but know they will be ok soon. I also shared some of our struggles with her and she made me feel so much better.


Thursday, September 14th-




Spent the morning building the other new shelf I bought. It turned out so perfectly for the space and holds everything I needed it to. After lunch I crashed and slept for hours while Molly watched shows. Poor girl...although she was happy about it. Haha. Even when I woke up I was exhausted. I sure am looking forward to being exhausted with a baby instead of being pregnant.


This evening Grant's game was cancelled because it rained all morning and the grass was too wet. It was nice to not rush out of the house. Silas helped me make a late dinner and then I went with Deruchette to Brick House for dessert to celebrate her birthday that's tomorrow. We had a good talk. I felt a little more normal afterward.


Silas's new meds and stuff are still making him feel weird and tired. Hopefully we can figure that out soon.


Friday, September 15th-


Tired Daddy and Happy Molly (to have daddy home)

Silas got his lab work done today so hopefully the Dr will find out something from that.


Molly and I woke up Grandma and were only there a little over an hour. That gave us time to do some serious shopping at Wal-Mart. Luckily, Silas came home to help me unload. I think we only need to buy produce and milk and we should be good as far as shopping goes for a couple months.

Cora had football practice tonight and Molly had a good time playing outside. The kids having practices on Fridays has messed up our date nights a little but they are having a lot of fun.


At practice, Molly: “Sometimes we have to dig”
in a super serious voice. Then I took a picture and
her seriousness turned to silly



Saturday, September 16th-


The kids enjoyed watching a video of football players
singing to Moana during the football game
This morning we had a soccer game and a football game at the same time so Silas and Molly went to Grant's game and Cleod and Ryan came with me too Cora's. It worked out well, although I missed watching Grant's game. His team is getting really good and they work together well.


We spent the afternoon cleaning and organizing the house. Silas and the kids were really helpful and it made the day hi really smoothly.

In the evening we were able to go you the first SUU football home game of the season. Silas was able to get tickets from the bank, which is always great. The kids were pretty well behaved and the weather was nice and cool...and we won! So it was awesome!
Silly Molly

No comments: