Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Our little vacation...

We are in Provo visiting Silas's sister Kizzie and her family for a few days for our vacation. We've had a really good time and we've seen some cool things.

Saturday we went to The Living Aquarium in Sandy, UT. It's a little smaller than I thought, but it had some neat things. Cleod was excited to see the piranhas. He tried to touch the sting rays, but couldn't reach them. I touched one though. :) The boys also really enjoyed the jelly fish and the cloud fish.Sunday, Mother's Day, was good. Grant was sick though, so I stayed home from church to be with him. It was very mother-ish.

Monday we went to Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake. It was pretty fun. It was a really nice day. There were lots of cool primates and Ryan was super excited about the giraffes.
Here's Silas with each of his 3 boys at Elephant Encounter.
Yesterday, all of us minus Andy who was working, went to Thanksgiving Point. Silas took Cleod to the Museum of Ancient Life (pictures below) while Kizzie and I took the little boys to Farm Country, which is like a mini zoo. I really enjoyed it and Silas was almost more excited than Cleod about the dinosaur museum.

6 comments:

Josh and Sara said...

HEY!! It's Josh and Sara Carpenter! I found your blog on the askeroths and so I just wanted to let you know that we have a blog too! We love cleody so much and we really miss being his teacher. He is so adorable! our blog is joshandsarac.blogspot.com
Love you guys, see ya sunday!
Sara

Beth said...

Looks like you guys are having a blast! We were going to take the kids to the zoo last weekend, but Harper got sick! I was so sad:(

MaRilla said...

Glad you are having fun in Provo. Thanks for sharing. Your boys are so cute!

Jill said...

How fun! I agree about the sandy aquarium it is super small, but its got the basics.

Hoylelicious said...

Ohh sure you are so close to my house and you don't even come say hi!!

Sylvia said...

What a fun trip! To bad for timing. We lived just north of Thanksgiving Point up until the 18th. It would have been fun to see you guys!