Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What a difference a week makes!

Here he is...our newly potty-trained boy!!!! Yea for Ryan!!!I have been pretty reluctant to potty train Ryan because he has a very strong well and I have very little patience. LUCKILY, I have a fabulous friend named DERUCHETTE who let me crash her house last Tuesday for Opening Ceremonies of Potty Time. It was so great because Cleod had someone to play with, Deruchette held Grant whenever he was tired, and I got to focus on Ryan. He sat on the toilet every 10 minutes until 3pm! Seriously, it was stressful. When he finally peed the lightbulb went on and he has had only about 5 accidents in 7 days. Today and yesterday we accident free and he's been dry every morning but one. He is really great at telling me when he needs to go so I don't have to remind him anymore! He's amazing. Oh, the photo is Ryan with his tiny ice cream cone. He and Cleod get one when he poops in the toilet. It's crazy exciting at our house!

Had to add this. He looks like he's singing! Grant's talented. (And 7 months old as of yesterday!)

9 comments:

The Felix Family said...

Congrats! Two down one to go. Its always nice to get that over with!

Tiffany said...

YAY for only having to buy diapers in one size now! I haven't even started THINKING about potty training yet ... the thought of it scares me. Way to go Ryan! What cute little men you have. :)

By the way I just have to say that your lesson in RS on Sunday was awesome, I loved it! :)

Kizzie said...

lucky!

We've been working on Avery, but he refuses to go #2. refuses. He'll hold it forever. He's great at the pee part.

I even made him come over to the computer and told him about Ryan and asked if he wanted to use the toilet too...he said no. Great.

Awesome for you though!!

Selissa said...

Yeah! Good job Ryan!

Meredith said...

Holy cow that is awesome! Come and train Wyatt? Please? I know it's just a matter of time, which I feel like I never have, to get him trained. I just don't know how to go about it with him! Jackson was so easy, but I just can't bring myself to do it with Wyatt!!!

Jana said...

Congrats! Wow, opening ceremonies of potty time...that sounds like it was the event of the season! I kind of can't believe I wasn't invited.

Deruchette said...

I am so PROUD of you Ryan and Robyn....I knew you could both do it!! You can come crash at my house any time...I love the company!

Jen-ben said...

Oh my gosh, your kiddies are getting SO BIGG!! And so dang cute!

kristen said...

not looking forward to that day for Kenna. Like you said, I just don't have the patience to sit her on the potty every 10 minutes (and clean up accidents). I'm thinking maybe at the end of summer we'll take on that battle.... but congratualtions Ryan! That's awesome!