So ever since my last post, the one where I accepted that my life was crazy, I have had a ridiculous time with my children and have not felt like blogging. So here's the last few weeks:
Easter...we joined the Warby clan and attended their annual easter egg hunt in Parowan. It was tons of fun. Here are the kids, minus Grant who was asleep in the house, and the daddies.

Easter Sunday we hung out at home and the boys dyed eggs. We had hung out with our friends Friday and most of Sat so we didn't dye eggs until Sunday. I only boiled 6 eggs and I am glad I did. This is a classic example of the craziness of boys. Within 1 minute of finishing, they SMASHED all 6 eggs. If you look carefully, you can see 4 in the carton still and one on each side of the carton...the beginning of the murders of half a dozen Easter eggs. So sad.

I got the high chair out for Grant so that he would feel like a big boy and eat. He doesn't like solid foods. He gags himself, and after about 5 bites he doesn't open his month and tries to hit the spoon away. Yes, he is only months old, but he's a crazy boy too.

Grant started sitting up. I love it. This is my favorite stage: sitting up but not crawling yet. I am scared for the crawling this time because we have 3 floors. There will be lots of gate action in a few months.

I have been spending a lot of time in the back yard leveling out the dirt. Here's Ryan with my gloves. He loves gloves.

Leksi Warby turned 2 on May 2nd so we went to here party. My boys always think they need to help open other people's presents. She was SO cute and excited about her gifts.

Also on the 2nd, a bunch of my family was in town. RJ and Rachel drove out from Kansas with their 5 kids and Dane and Ang came from California. They came so that Pop, my grandpa, could meet their babies: Rex and Parker. Luckily for me, Pop lives in St. George so I got to see them too! And mom came up from Vegas. It was a lovely afternoon.
Here's Ryan with baby Rex. Ever since Rex was born, Ryan has been asking when he would see
baby Rex and so I had to have a picture of them.

Last, but not least...TA DA...we got sod yesterday. It's beautiful and it makes me feel HAPPY! We have more work to do to get it looking how we'd like, but one thing at a time. Yesterday it was sod...the next step is a lawnmower. HEHE.

Oh yeah, Silas finished this semester on May 1st. HURRAY! We have 3 weeks til he starts summer school.
3 comments:
Its sounds like a very crazy time for you!!! Congrats on surviving it. There is always things that you would like to get done and at the same time wonderful children to take care of. My hat is off to you. I hope you get a nice break this weekend.
Sitting but not crawling is my favorite stage too. They're so content and they don't get into anything yet.
Your sod is so beautiful!
Sheesh I feel like a horrible friend...I didn't know that you finally got your grass!! YEA, I am so excited for you and also jealous...sorry about that! Hang in there mama..you are raising stripling warrior boys, one day you will look back and wonder why you spent any time being mad at them. They will always look up to you for what you did for them..they couldn't have survived without you and never will be able too. Love them and don't stay mad all the time, enjoy life, and be happy!! I love you lots!
Post a Comment