Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Kianna's birthday and 24th of July Parade

So last week was Cleod's best friend Kianna's 4th birthday and we had the party at our house. It was fun. Her mom, Deruchette, is crazy and made this super-cute-purple-dog cake.

So Deruchette and I LOVE Papa Murphy's pizza and our husband's aren't so fond, so we have to take advantage when we can. We got pizza for the party and I didn't notice that Grant got a piece. (I know, that sounds lame.) So I started to take it away from him and he seriously FREAKED. I was shocked and just gave it back to him. Most of the cheese was off anyway, so whatever.
So we went to the Pioneer Day Parade and it was actually a good parade. (Sometimes Cedar parades are a little sad. Sorry, but it's true.)

This is Deruchette's in-laws in an our firetruck.
And Ryan didn't like the firetrucks much. :)
This was my FAVORITE float. It's a castle made out of 10-cans!!! I LOVE FOOD STORAGE!
We got A LOT of candy at this parade and Grant found a sucker. He was so cute!

3 comments:

Kizzie said...

Awesome cake, she did a great job!

Grant is so cute! we can't wait to see you guys next week!

Also, one year we went to the parade in Tooele and it was literally farm trucks towing tractors and people riding motorcycles. There wasn't a single float! Small town parades often leave you wanting more...at least they threw candy I guess!

Hoylelicious said...

Your kids are so adorable!!

Wes, Ash, Parker and Colt Dotson said...

Ah Grant is getting so big! I can't believe he was eating pizza! HAHA Wat a big boy. They will be one here before we know it!