Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ode to Der and It's a boy!!!!

Me and Deruchette- May 2004

No, I'm not pregnant...my best friend Deruchette is though! So for those of you who don't know her, I will introduce you.

Deruchette is from St. George and came up to Cedar to go to SUU the fall of 2002. I met her at when she started working at Papa Murphy's where I had worked for a year. We became friends pretty fast, mostly because she's the nicest person in the world. Seriously.

So in May of 2003, we moved into a basement apartment together along with our friend Julieann. It was a crumby apartment, but we had a good time. By fall we moved into a big house near the DI where we were in the University 4th ward. By this time I was already engaged to Silas so I only lived in that house for the fall semester. Durng that time Chette met Brett through the ward so Silas and Brett became friends.

A few months after Silas and I were married, she and Brett got engaged and were married in May 2004. We did a lot together, playing games at each other's apartments. In March 2005 Silas and I moved to the Northfield Apts by the hospital and we convinced Brett and Chette to move in right across from us a few months later. That was the best thing EVER! Cleod was a baby and their first, Kianna was born 2 months after they moved. We did everything together for almost 3 years. In fact, we ate together almost ever night.

In October 2007, they both their first house far away near the SUU farm and the next February we moved into our townhome so we're like 7 miles away now. It's sad some days when we think of how nice it was to be so close, for our kids to play together, to eat with each other and just have someone close to talk to when we were having hard days.

We're still close though and we always will be, I'm sure. Our husbands like being with each other, our kids are all friends and we can have fun just hanging out.

So speaking of kids, Chette has two girls, Kianna and Leksi. Kianna's almost 4 and she's 8 months younger than Cleod and Leksi just turned 2 and is 9 months younger than Ryan. NOW she's expecting her third and he'll be a year and 2 months younger than Grant.

Yes, HE!!! If you know Chette, you know that they didn't find out what they were having with their first 2 kids...which I have to say DROVE ME CRAZY! But they can do whatever they want, that's fine. I was watching her girls yesterday while they were at the ultrasound and when they got back to get them, she said, "It's a boy!" and I was SOOOO happy! For one thing, I know boys, I have boys stuff and THEY FOUND OUT! This saves me a few months of anxiety and I can start spoiling him earlier than planned! I'm so excited! I love her kids so much and they've always been apart of my life. Maybe it's a little bit like being a grandma. You get to fall in love with another beautiful soul but I will get to send him home to his mommy.

YAY!!

6 comments:

Joleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joleen said...

CONGRATS to Chette and Brett!! Things will be a little different around their place with a boy, won't they? I am thrilled for them.

Thanks for sharing the history of your unique and special friendship. You know, I agree. Chette just may be the sweetest person ever! Give them my love.

Deruchette said...

So, I got a call this morning at 8:30...which is pretty early for me you know :) Telling me "congratulations you are having a boy..I am so excited!!" It was Savannah and I thought she had seen my blog, but she said Robyn had said it on her blog. So, this morning I look to see not only that I am having a boy...but 8 paragraphs about me. Ahhh! you are forgetting that I am 5 months pregnant and very emotional right now!!!
Thank you so much Robs....I love ya to death my bosom friend!!

Unknown said...

Aww..congratulations to her! That's awesome that you both were able to live so close for so long. I bet that was a ton of fun! 7 miles?!? You must be spoiled! :)

Christine said...

Aw! What a cute best friend you are! Congratulations Chette!
And hey . . . I miss Julieann! If you ever talk to her, ask her for me if she remembers that one tree hill.

Daneene said...

Yea for Chette!
She's probably nervous about having a boy, so it's a good thing she has you for a best friend to give her all the advice she'll need!