Monday, March 8, 2010

Just me and the dentist...

We love the Little Critter books, especially the one about going to the denist. It totally helped Cleod be more comfortable when we went last week to the dentist. I took Ryan and Cleod for the first time to a super awesome dentist, Dr. Albrecht. His staff is SO nice. They have fun things in the waiting room too!
Here are the boys playing with the cute wooden stove. There was also a big train set and video games. I loved that Cleod tried to play the video game but then decided to play with the kitchen stuff instead!


Cleod was a little nervous. This is just before getting a few x-rays.


Ryan, on the other hand, was so comfortable.


Here they are watching their movies on screens in the ceiling.


So they let them pick out their own toothbrushes (Cleod picked a Woody one and Ryan picked Buzz) and then they got a token for a prize.


As we walked out they asked if we could go back and play. I told them we'd come back in 6 months and they were EXCITED! And I was afraid of taking them to the dentist. Silly me.

6 comments:

Ed and Cathy Torrance said...

We had a children's dentist like that when my kids were little. He had a train that was on a clear acrylic platform suspended from the ceiling and ran throughout his whole office so the kids could see it while he worked on them. He and his staff always dressed in costumes for holidays. It was always fun to go see him!

Hoylelicious said...

Ohh having a good dentist and good staff makes the world!!! I loved my dentist growing up - and I still love the dentist!
Cleods face is priceless

Jill said...

I wish I felt the same way.

Unknown said...

That is a nice office! I love how different the boys faces are before x-rays. Too cute.
Becca threatens her kids when they are being naughty, that they won't be able to go to the dentist. They love going and the idea is awful to them!

Josh said...

This is GREAT news!!! I may be biased though!!

Kirt and Andrea said...

That is awesome! I have been going to the dentist lately (a root canal...yuck!) and they don't treat me like that! :)