These are some things that we've been doing to pass the time:
1. Reading. Cleod is a reading maniac and most days I read a book or two to the boys. Our new favorites are the Mo Willems books. If you've never read one, you need to...especially the Gerald and Piggie ones. They are hilarious and Cleod reads with such expression when he's reading these.

Silas's birthday was March 28th and we tried to make a big deal out of it. It was on a Sunday so Saturday we did some shopping for him, got pizza for dinner and just enjoyed being together. It was a great day. Sunday we had some friends over for cake and ice cream which was lovely as well.

I like to try new recipes although sometimes they don't turn out as planned. For St. Patrick's Day I made green eggs and ham. The green eggs had spinach in them and I thought they were delicious, but I was the only one. Oh well. I made some granola bars last week and they were really good and easy. Ryan especially loved them.
We've been doing pretty good at having Family Night lately. With Silas's crazy schedule we knew that it needed to be a priority. Speaking of priorities, last week we talked about the idea of things being good, better and best for us and that we need to focus on the best things first. This idea came from a conference talk a few years ago by Elder Oaks titled: Good, Better, Best. It was fun to have the boys tell us where each activity should be.

Friday before Easter, we hung out with the Warby clan. The kids dyed eggs, frosted cookies and had an indoor egg hunt due to the snow on the ground.

Grant's first egg hunting was so cute. He really enjoyed it. This is Grant after showing Ryan his eggs. Too cute!
Saturday, my brother Dane and his wife Ang who were visiting family in Vegas for Easter came to St. George to see our grandpa who lives there. We went down for a few hours to see them. My mom came too which was nice and Dane's one year old, Parker (who we really went to see) is adorable! After visiting with Pop (grandpa) and Grandma Jane for an hour or so, we got lunch and headed to the park for a little while.

We got back to Cedar just in time for Silas to go to the Priesthood Session of conference and for me and the boys to go to Deruchette's for our traditional s'more fiesta. It's the third conference we've done it and the kids love roasting the marshmallows, but they don't really eat them, or the s'mores, so we may start a new tradition in October.

Sunday we got to relax and enjoy watching conference. (We got a new comfy sectional about a month ago that made it extra relaxing!)

The Easter baskets came out late this year, but were happily excepted none the less. We got the boys the Toy Story DVDs (I had a $10 off coupon for each and they have codes for free Toy Story 3 movie tickets. Woot!) and these funny toys called Bakugans. They discovered these from some friends of our and I thought they'd like them. They LOVE them, even Grant. Oh course, one got broken that night. One word: Ryan. He's such a good boy, but sometimes a little crazy. He did tell Cleod that he would save up and buy a new one for him. (By the way, Ryan has had a cold. His nose looks awful, I know.) Oh, and they got underwear. Don't you love how excited they are?

Brett and Deruchette came over for dinner that night. We were playing a game after dinner and Der's baby Taejen was whining on the floor for several minutes. Then suddenly he stopped crying. Ryan had gotten his bear (which was his Uncle Ryan's) and put it next to Taej and he immediately fell asleep. It was the cutest thing ever and Ryan was so proud of himself.
4 comments:
I love the good/better/best list idea! I really need to do that lately....I don't think my essential things are getting done!!
And we also LOVE the Mo Willems books! We started with the Elephant & Piggie books, and Emma also loves the pigeon books. We listened to Knufflebunny, which was way cute, and I saw one about Naked Mole Rat at the store...didn't read the whole thing but it looked pretty hilarious. I found out Mo Willems was a writer for Sesame Street!!
Wow! That looks like a lot of busy, crazy fun! I haven't heard of the Mo Willems books before, I'll have to look them up. FHE has been non-existent for us. The only evening Scott is home is Wednesday and I have to be at mutual. I guess we could have Family Home Afternoon on a day he's home! There are just so many errands and chores to do when Scott is home. I love the ideas. You are so creative! I totally would have eaten your green eggs. ;) Kudos to you for using spinach and not food coloring!
P.S. Happy Birthday to Silas!
Looks like you guys have been having lots of fun!
I like your new couch, it looks so comfy!
We still need to break that couch in since we missed out on that chance with conference!!
Love you guys!!
p.s. I really could have used Ryan help with Taej last night ;)
Post a Comment