Friday, April 23, 2010

Silas is the man!


When we were dating Silas used to write, "Silas is the man" on my stuff.

Now it's true!! ;)

Last Thursday, Silas and I went to a awards banquet for the College of Computing, Integrated Engineering and Technology at SUU. Silas was one of three students in his department who received an award that night. His award was the "Computer Science & Information Systems Outstanding Research Assistant." This semester he's been working for the university creating doing a new program that will help display the CIET college's information on a ginormous flat screen in the ELC, the building that has most of the computer-nerd-type-things.

Anyway, I am pretty proud of him.

Here he is, with his favorite professor.


Then yesterday, his department (Computer Science & Information Systems) had their own awards thing where he got a Certificate of Appreciation and a good bag with an SUU mug, an SUU tie and some other stuff.

Yesterday was his last day of class (EVER) although today he has a presentation to give. Next week he has three finals which will be done by Thursday night. This time next week, he'll be home free!

4 comments:

The Felix Family said...

I rememeber that feeling when Jeremy was finally done! I couldn't believe it was really happening. Such a relief! Congrats Silas! Now on to bigger and better things!

Unknown said...

That's great! Good for you, Silas!

Hoylelicious said...

YEAH FOR SILAS!!!!

Deruchette said...

you ARE the man Silas!!! CONGRATULATIONS