Sunday, November 7, 2010

Last few weeks

25th- Grant's 2nd birthday...he was throwing up all morning. Cleod was sick a few days before, and poor Grant had to be sick on his b-day. So, no cake and no party. But we did have present time just before bed when he was feelings a little better.

The 28th was Uncle Ryan's birthday, so Ryan, Grant and I went to the cemetery to put some pretty fall "flowers" on his grave. It's been 3 1/2 years since he's been gone and sometimes it's still hard. Especially when this happens:

[Morning of the 28th when driving past the cemetery on the way to take Silas to work.]
Me: Oh, it's Uncle Ryan's birthday so we can't forget to take him flowers.
Ryan: [very excited voice] Uncle Ryan came out of heaven!?!?!

Oops.

So Silas very nicely talked to Ryan about how we would see him someday after Christ came. It was really cute, but sad too.


That night we also carved pumpkins. We usually go to a local pumpkin patch, but because of our sickness and all the rain we had in the middle of the month, we just did the grocery store thing. Doesn't Cleod look old in this photo?
Silas got into the whole pumpkin carving thing. We even tried using the drill, although it wasn't as useful as we hoped.
Here's Silas's masterpiece!

The boys with their pumpkins (in pjs).

29th- Since Halloween was on Sunday this year, we celebrated early. Friday we went to Silas's work to Trick-or-Treat to a few ladies at the bank that bring candy. Saturday we went to our friend's Trunk-or-Treat, which is really the way to go. We were in one parking lot for an hour and they had a ton of candy. No knocking on doors this year! (Ryan=skunk, Grant=Elmo, Cleod=Mario.)
Other stuff...Cleod is doing really good in kindergarten, which is great. I help in his class every Friday for 30 minutes and it's awesome. He's getting so old. He'll be 6 in two weeks. Crazy.

Ryan is fun! He is really stubborn, but usually just fun. He's happy almost constantly. Lately he says, "You're the best mom/dad/brother in the whole world." He talks about the baby all the time and tells me that she's beautiful.

Grant is talking a lot, which is a big deal because he waited until he was about 18 months before he said much of anything. He points out every bus and semi-truck around when we're in the car.

I'm 32 weeks prego today. 8 weeks to go! Baby moves around a lot, which is great because I am still super paranoid. Today at church there was a baby blessing and I wanted to be holding my baby so bad it hurt. Just 8 more weeks.

Silas's arthiritis is not the greatest, but he's a trooper. He's still in shock some days that he's out of school. It's nice that he comes home from work and is just home. One of his dreams is coming true. He's been wanting a red, Mr. Rogers sweater for a few years now and finally found a co-worker at the Richfield branch who can knit really well and is making it for him. He is ridiculously excited about it.

I guess that's what's going on here. It's going to get crazy in the next few weeks. With Cleod's b-day on the 20th, Thanksgiving the next week, our 7th anniversary two weeks later, then Christmas, my b-day and the baby in basically the same week.

Can't wait!

4 comments:

Selissa said...

Your boys are so cute! Silas' pumpkin is awesome! I'm glad school is going better for Cleod. I can't wait to see Baby Cora either! I'm so excited you are having a girl!!!!

Christine said...

In that picture where you said Cleod looks old, he looks like RJ!
And Silas' dream to have a Mr. Rogers sweater is the most random thing ever! I hope it will have a zipper.

Unknown said...

Poor baby being sick on his BD! And Ryan's comment on Uncle Ryan was heart wrenching.
I love the pumpkins! We didn't even carve them this year. I just wasn't much into decor this year.
Sounds like good things are coming your way. I can't believe your babe is almost here!

Kirt and Andrea said...

It is so fun to read about all the fun things going on in your family's life! Can't wait for that little girl either! :)