
I've been thinking for a while about posting something about each of my kids...but when they drive you crazy it's a little hard. Tonight I was thinking about how I focus on the negative a lot and I need to look at the good in my kids. So...here goes.
Cleod is smart. That's the truth. He's a crazy, good reader. We've known this for a while, but now that he's starting to do more math at school, we've realized that he's good at math too and already can do much more than his age/grade level. I have been printing out first grade math worksheets for him because he likes doing homework and doesn't get much from school. I like this because I want to be in control of his education and not leave it all up to the school. I am a little worried that he's going to be just as bored next year as he has been this year, but that's another story.
Cleod's favorite song from church is "I Lived in Heaven."
He loves his sister and helps me out a lot. He's always willing to get diapers or blankets, or hold her for a bit while I do something (like clean toilets).
He loves watching movies, TV and playing computer. We do not have a video gaming system for many reasons, but one of them is that Cleod would want to be on it all day. He is really good at getting his "jobs" done before computer or TV time though, so it's not really a big deal.
He's a "gleaner" as my mom would say and he has an excellent memory. He learns from everything and remembers everything. He'll tell me random facts he's read in books or tell me about something he watched a year ago.
Cleod loves pizza, crepes, and hamburgers.
He's sensitive and cries more than your average 6 year old boy, but that's ok.
He loves playing with friends. I haven't figured out if he's a leader or a follower because really, he's both. He's the oldest so he leaders a lot, but I think he wants to be accepted at school and church so he follows the stronger personalities (not always a good thing, but ya know).
I'm not sure why we've been butting heads so much lately, but I sure don't know what I would do without my Cleod.
2 comments:
Cute post! And I love the family picture at the top of your blog. What a great looking family! :)
Cleod is amazing! I am so glad we got to spend time together in February. I was very impressed with Cleod's willingness to help. His reading skills are fantastic! He's a pretty fun kid, too. Love you, Cleod.
Post a Comment