Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Grant-O


First of all, the 3rd boy sure makes the house noisier, smellier, and naughtier. That's all I'll say about that for now.

Grant is cute. He has a killer smile. Today he told me he loved me several times. He even said, "Guess what?" before it once. He's really starting to talk like a big boy which is fun because he didn't really TALK until about a year ago when he was around 18 months old.

He has to do everything himself. He tries to dress himself lately which is pretty funny. He takes off his diaper before a bath which cracks me up because the other boys never really did that. He doesn't like baby things anymore so the booster at the table is gone, the bib is forbidden and the lids on cups are starting to be uncool. I guess he can't be my baby forever.

He's a climber. The other boys never ventured into that arena, but Grant has climbed on about everything from the kitchen counter to the sink in my bathroom. The good part of this is that he is very able at the playground and can do everything his brothers do.

Right now he's learning his colors and it's pretty cute. He always asks for blue dishes, so I guess that's his favorite, although today he told me that he loves pancakes and then said that they were his favorite color. Funny.

He likes Lighting McQueen although he's never watched the movie all the way through. This is weird because he does sit through movies but the couple of times I've put it on for them he ends up ditching the movie and finding me.

Grant loves to help around the house. I give him a wet rag and he thinks he's pretty special. He also likes to empty the clothes from the dryer into the laundry basket. He also likes to help put laundry away, which is hard because he doesn't know where stuff goes really, so I will give him Silas's socks or something and tell him to put them on our bed. Whatever makes him feel helpful.

He has a cute face. Seriously.

When he wakes up from his nap, the first thing he says is, "Mom, I wake up!" I love it.

The timing on this post is a little ridiculous. If I would have written about Grant two weeks ago it would not include this: He doesn't listen to a word I say. I guess he has finally entered the terrible twos. Bleh!

All in all though, I am pretty happy to have him in our family.

No comments: