Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cora Lily


Haven't blogged for a while...and I can't forget to write about my sweet, baby Cora.

She makes life happy.

She is about a week away from being 5 months old! She's only about 13 lbs, which is in the 25th percentile. I can't remember her height but it is in the 75th percentile, so hopefully she'll be tall and skinny like her dad.

Cora is a happy baby. She sleeps through the night most of the time. If she wakes up it's at 3 or 4am and she goes right back to sleep after eating.

She spent a lot of her early months sucking on her fingers and her thumb a little, but the last few weeks she hasn't been doing that much. She does grab her blankie and suck on it for a minute still though. It's pretty cute.

Her big brothers are very good to her. They get diapers and toys and blankets when she needs them and they will play and talk to her when she needs entertainment. This is good most of the time but I still have to keep her in sight...just in case.

Silas adores Cora and the feeling is mutual. When he comes home, she lights up.


For the first few months I was feeding her every 2 hours, but about a month ago I started stretching her to every 3 hours and it has been much nicer. She eats and then stays awake for an hour or so and then naps. Most of the time she'll sleep until it's feeding time again, but not always. She's such a good baby though and will be very patient with me.

Heavenly Father knew that I needed a good, easy baby right now. I feel very blessed that she is mine and that she makes life more bearable.

Oh, and I LOVE dressing a girl. Really. And bows. I love bows!!!

3 comments:

Kizzie said...

Oh. My. Goodness.

She's so adorable, I can't wait to see her, I may just never give her back to you! She looks so happy. So, so cute.

Sarah Welsh said...

What a CUTIE!!! Can't wait to meet her!

kristen said...

She's a cutie! And I love those bows, too!