Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Week 15, April 9-15

Sunday, April 9th


Molly feeding her "baby"
Let's just say that the Sabbath wasn't a “delight” at our house today. Earlier this week a friend was commenting on how our life must be so hard with Silas as the Bishop and having another baby and I didn't feel like it was. I felt like we have it figured out.


Then today happened. It was mostly me. I wasn't patient. I didn't feel good. I was just off.


The kids were off too though. They all complained about something hurting this morning: tummies, heads, throats. But I was determined to get us to church. And I did. And we were on time. But I was unhappy. The rest of the day went about the same. Silas came home for short periods of time but was gone a lot. Honestly, I can usually handle it. Today everyone was being whiny, including me. Today I just wanted my back-up man here.

I did make dinner tonight and it was one of my favorites...Cheese broccoli soup. Yum!



Monday, April 10th-


13 weeks
Last night I fell down a few stairs on my way down for family scriptures and prayer. Within about 30 minutes of lying down I started having cramps. I was nervous but tried not to freak out. I slept fine but woke up to more cramps. Some were even starting to hurt. So I stayed in bed until I could get to Laurie's office and Silas helped the boys get ready for school.

Once at Laurie's she reassured me that she wasn't worried and she found a heartbeat. I was still worried that I'm having cramps but it was nice to hear the heartbeat. Then Liz, her assistant, let me have another quick ultrasound and we saw the little peanut moving around again. Such a relief!
Laurie wanted me to take it easy today so I didn't do much housework and didn't exercise. I did sit at the park at the school after taking Cora to Kindergarten so that Molly could play outside for a while. Megan and Cynthia stayed with their kids for a bit too so that was nice. After snowing a few times in the last week it was nice to sit in the sun.


After school I sat in the couch bossing kids around and we ended up having Mac and cheese for dinner. Haha. The kids were super happy about it too.


For home evening we watched an episode of the BYUtv show “Turning Point.” It was about the Doans, our friend in MO who started the Missouri Star Quilt Company. It was fun to watch them and see their success.



Tuesday, April 11th-


Molly put the pillow on her head like I do when I nap
After school I took the kids to Deruchette's house and Silas and I headed up to the Provo area to Al Doan’s wedding reception. We stayed their for a while and were able to visit with him a little and also with Ron and Jenny. It was so fun talking to them. It made Silas miss Missouri so much.

At little after bed time Grandma Rowley got to Cedar and picked up the kids so that they would be able to go to school tomorrow and Silas and I could take a day off instead of rushing back to Cedar late tonight.

A "castle" was next to the building where the reception was

Wednesday, April 12th-
My cute husband watching a girly movie with me


Silas and I stayed up late watching Sense and Sensibility. We had borrowed a new version from Megan. It was really good but made us want to watch the Emma Thompson version so we watched that today after getting breakfast.

We stayed at our hotel until check out time and then went to the Provo City Center Temple and did initiatory. It is a lovely temple and it was lovely to listen to the blessings of that ordinance. I have been having a hard time emotionally this week and it helped me to feel calm for a little while.





Afterward we found a yummy Chinese restaurant for lunch and then found a fun toy store that we walked around for a while. We really enjoyed this little mini trip and just enjoy one another's company.
Picture Grandma sent us when it was just her and Molly at home

We got home just in time to say family prayer with the kids and give hugs. Grant had fun tonight at Cub Scouts. They went to the SUU Farm and his leader texted me a couple pictures. Cleod missed mutual because he came home early from school. I think it's allergies.




Thursday, April 13th-
Molly asked me to take a picture of her when she was lying down
Photo by Molly
That break from life wasn't long enough. This pregnancy is kicking my trash and makes me grumpy.


The good thing about today is that Cleod was in a super good mood after school even though he had homework to do, which stresses him out. It was nice not to argue with him all afternoon.



Sick Granty finally slept well at about 9am
Friday, April 14th-

Grant threw up several times during the night so we were both so tired this morning. Luckily he was feeling better pretty quickly and was eating a little by the afternoon. Fridays are my days when I don't plan anything generally so we just rested too. I did have another chiropractor appointment and Silas was able to come home during that time, but couldn't come back later so I didn't help at Cora's class.

For date night Silas and I went out for some dinner and then got some groceries. He made me laugh so much tonight which was just what I needed. We weren't going to do a date or just be out for a little while since we were just gone all of Wednesday, but it was nice getting out again.

Saturday, April 15th-


Easter activities didn't pan out well today. I feel badly for the kids because I have gotten used to lowering my expectations but the kids haven't. They were still ok though.
Silly Molly on a date with Silas


We got chores done and got Easter stuff out of the garage. (Note to self: Get Easter tote out earlier next year.) We made Resurrection Rolls and put them in the fridge to bake in the morning. And I boiled eggs. But then I crashed. Every afternoon I have to lie down and nap but today seemed worse.

In the evening I went out to dinner with some friends which was way fun, but I hadn't realized that going out the night before Easter would be such a big deal. But it kinda was. So we didn't dye eggs or do an egg hunt. Bleh

No comments: