Saturday, July 22, 2017

Week 26, June 25-July1

Sunday, June 25th-
Sunday nap

Ryan and Cleod stayed home today. Ryan doesn't feel well at all and Cleod has started his weird cough thing again. So frustrating. But church was fine otherwise.


Tonight Silas and I attended a devotional for a new Self-Reliance program that the church has created and I think it will be a great thing for the members who attend the classes. I'm going to attend one of the Personal Finance classes.


Monday, June 26th-


It seems like whenever we sit down for a real lesson and a “real” home evening, we end up having a horrible experience. This has been more apparent since Silas has been Bishop. I guess it is just a one of our trials.

Earlier in the day the kids got along really well. They younger 4 had a tea party after we took Cleod to his first day of Code Camp (which he REALLY enjoyed). In the afternoon we had the Huff boys over so Megan could do some packing (they are moving in one month).


Tea party
Playing with Huff boys

Tuesday, June 27th-


Playing with my phone while waiting during piano lessons
Today I got ambitious (and crazy) and started planning a party for the Butterworths (who are going on a mission in August) and the Huffs (who are moving in a month). I think it will be good and I need to do things I used to do (like being involved in general) because I think it will help me, even if at times it will be stressful. I am turning into a little bit of a hermit and just want to be home. It is ok sometimes but when I feel discouraged it just makes things worse to have no excuse to get out.


Showing the kids videos from 80s computer games

Wednesday, June 28th-


  • Playgroup at Ridge Road park
  • Pack meeting
  • YM- Cleod played ultimate frisbee
Crafting at Pack Meeting



Thursday, June 29th-


  • Last day of summer band!!! No more waking up to get Cleod somewhere at 8am this summer.
  • Also last day of Code camp
  • Molly and Grant had their dentist appointments and again NO CAVITIES!
  • Got Ryan new scout shirt (he lost his cub scout shirt months ago)
  • Code camp presentation (saw Brandon Mull, author of Fablehaven, while waiting for the presentation to start. He was at SUU for a writing conference for kids and he was getting a drink of water at the same time as Molly was walking to get water but she got scared and ran back to us. When he was done he said something to her about ebing able to get water now. I was pretty sure it was him but had to look it up on my phone after he left. We were bummed that Cleod didn't see him because he's read lots of his books.)
  • Canyon Park with Stonelys
  • Ryan to play practice
  • Silas and Ryan to racquetball for reading calendar reward
End Code Camp
Ryan's new shirt
Molly and Cora at dentist
Playing in the water and dirt at
Canyon park
24 weeks
Friday, June 30th-


The night ended with us putting over 2 garbage bags of clothes, books and other random stuff from the boy's room into bags to throw away or make them earn back. We are getting frustrated with their lack of care for their belongings. It often translates over into their bad treatment of the belongings of others as well which bugs me even more. So I lost my patience and started throwing things out their room.


Before this time we had a good day. Evenings are hard because the kids and I are all tired but we are still staying up later because it's summer. We need to work on that.


Saturday, July 1st-

Cora at DQ on our date

  • Happy for a new month to start because it feels that much closer to the baby coming!
  • Silas went to the temple with Brother Bush this morning. I mostly rested due to waking up with a headache. The kids slowly did chores and played together.
  • In the evening I took Cora shopping and then to get a treat for her date. Silas left with Molly after that for a short date. Molly has seemed to be missing the extra attention she was used to when the kids were in school so she enjoyed being out with Silas.
  • I got to work on genealogy for a short time today which made me happy.
  • Cleod earned back some of his things today. Hopefully he will learn something from his crazy mom.
  • Had a good talk after scriptures and prayer about fasting. Hopefully the boys will make it longer tomorrow than they have in the past.

No comments: