Sunday, June 11th-
Today was so nice. I got a sub for primary so I was able to go to Relief Society, which was so nice. I even got to meet few ladies that to didn't know which I miss so much.
Silas had a super busy day and had a headache through most of the day. Poor guy. He fell asleep at about 8:30pm after he got home with Cleod from a Priesthood meeting.
I was going to make goodies for some friends today but didn't have the energy. But I did make dinner, which hasn't really happened a ton lately, so that was a good thing.
Monday, June 12th
- Summer band
- Gym with Cleod
- Piano with Peggy
- Cora tumbling
- Me to appt with Laurie (22 weeks today and everything looks good)
Tuesday, June 13th-
I'm grateful for summer band but it sure makes being lazy in the summer hard. haha. Luckily this week Silas doesn't go to work until 9am so he's mostly been getting the boys to and from the middle school. I'm glad it only goes through June and we can sleep in a little in July if we want. :)
Cora had tumbling and later the boys had piano lessons. When we got home I checked with the gym and had to go right in and babysit (I'm doing Tuesday nights now instead of Friday mornings). Silas got home with just a few minutes before going to visit a family in the ward and thought I had fed the kids. I thought he was going to feed the kids. SOOOO, the kids ended up feeding themselves. This isn't abnormal except we are trying to limit their cereal intake so as Cleod and I were texting each other I told him to make Ramen Noodles. He's never made it without me home but he did great. Ryan and Cleod even handwashed the bowls afterward so they would have bowls for ice cream. haha.
Wednesday, June 14th-
After the boys had summer band we went over to the playground by the soccer fields and had playgroup. I had a nice visit with the ladies and the kids had tons of fun. We have had lots of people showing up to playgroup so there are tons of kids to play with when we go. I'm grateful that my big boys haven't complained about going to playgroup. I wonder if next year Cleod won't be as excited about. I vaguely remember thinking the same thing last year and feeling like we didn't have much time with just little kids, but he is still pretty good at playing with the little ones and he even still will watch little kid shows with the girls. That makes me happy.
Cora had tumbling again, which she is really enjoying. Tomorrow is the last day which I'm happy about because the next 2 weeks Grant and Cleod have their "camps" and it already feels hectic. But I'm glad all the kids (but Molly) have had their own things to do this summer. And all the kids (but Cleod) will have swimming lessons in July.
Cleod had some separators this afternoon at the orthodontist to get his teeth ready for an expander which he gets next Tuesday...one step closer to getting braces.
This evening was crazy: Ryan had play practice from 5:30-6:30 and then I took him straight to cub scouts (late). Then he went home with Brady and hung out at their house until 9:30pm or so. Cleod had an appointment with Pres. Rau at 6pm (just to have a Priesthood leader to talk to that isn't his dad) and got him in time to change and meet up with some of the scouts who were collecting flags before going to Three Peaks to mountain bike with the Young Men. He came home tired (and with sore teeth) around 9pm. Grant had cubs from 6-7pm but luckily the Redhouses drove him there and back. When he got home he and Topher and Gabe were immediately outside playing with each other.
I did Family history for about an hour and a half while they played outside and then I called them in and the girls had baths and I worked on the computer while they were all getting ready for bed.
Today was a more relaxing day. Cleod slept in so we only have Ryan to run to band and the Cora’s last day of tumbling. Besides that, we read, did chores (slowly throughout the day) and the little kids played lots of games. Ryan broke the doorknob this morning so Silas and I (and Molly) ended up going out to lunch and then to Home Depot to get a new one. In the evening Silas replaced the doorknob and I but Ryan and Grant's hair.
Thursday, June 15th-
![]() |
| Molly drawing for me |
![]() |
| Silas and Molly at Panda |
![]() |
| New hair cuts |
![]() |
| Doorknob issues |
Friday, June 16th-
- Cherry picking with Tonia
- Grabbed quick lunch
- Chores
- Braxton came over to hang out with Cleod
- Swimming with kids at Aquatic Center
- Grabbed pizza
- Rested with Silas- peaceful moment where all the kids slowly ended up in our room reading while we were resting.
- Silas and I left for a late “date” of running errands and getting snow cones.
We had a good and very hot morning/afternoon today in St. George. Silas took Cleod to do baptisms while I took the other kids to Target for some Father’s Day shopping. When they were done at the temple we went to Costco for lunch and for some shopping.
When we got back to Cedar Silas headed to a convert baptism of a boy in our ward and the kids spent most of the evening in and out of the house.
Silas took Grant out for a treat and they got some groceries for dinner tomorrow. I'm grateful that Silas is fine with making himself dinner on Father’s Day. He is so kind to me.





No comments:
Post a Comment