Sunday, September 17, 2017

Week 33, August 13-19

Sunday, August 13th-


Last day in Primary. I was released as the pianist and was called to help in planning the RS activities. I was a little sad about it today because I have been trying really hard to be more positive about Primary lately...but I also am really excited to be able to go to Relief society on Sundays. I hope the kids will be ok. Grant and Molly come and talk to me at the piano several times every Sunday. Sometimes it annoys me but today I realized that it is a precious thing that I had to have that time with them outside our home.



Monday, August 14th-


Today during lunch Silas gave the kids and I blessings. I am so grateful for him and for the Priesthood. The kids and I were blessed so many wonderful blessings.


The kids are so excited for school tomorrow and although I hate having them gone so much, I am excited for them and excited to spend more time with Molly.

Tuesday, August 15th-

Cora not feeling well
Grant's 1st day of 3rd grade

Middle schoolers




First day of school!!! Except it didn't go as planned for Cora. Poor thing started getting pale and sick while I was doing her hair. She ended up on the floor of our bathroom for a few minutes and then on our bed. Silas came home and took Grant to school. (Cleod and Ryan walked to school together earlier.) After about an hour she seemed to be doing ok so I took her to school.


Cora feeling better
Molly and I stayed at the park so Molly could play. She brought her backpack and took breaks to look at her books. She even brought a framed picture with her. Silly girl.
At the park after dropping Cora off


Luckily we were just leaving the school when they called to say that Cora threw up. We turned right around and picked her up. Poor thing was so sad. She threw up in the hallway on the way outside to recess. Darn it.





Cora resting
Luckily after resting for a while at home she was back to normal. I'm going to keep her home until 24 hours after she threw up a but she should be good to go.

Happy Molly
This evening my tummy has been rumbling so that hasn't been fun. Luckily we didn't have anything tonight except for Ryan's play practice and thankfully the Rushtons have been taking him and bringing him home.


Wednesday, August 16th-

Selfies by Molly
  • First real day with just me and Molly.
  • Groceries
  • Lunch with Emma at the elementary school
  • Pick up papers for Emma and Cynthia
  • Ryan play practice
  • Grant scouts
  • Cleod scouts and mutual


Thursday, August 17th-
Reunited with his lovely bass clarinet

  • Woke up with a headache
  • Nap
  • Warby lunch
  • Nap again
  • Cleod got his bass clarinet today and happily practiced for over an hour after school.
  • Bed early but couldn't sleep. Waaa!


Friday, August 18th-


  • Babysat at gym
  • Lunch at Sarah Hopkinson's- Silas took Molly to lunch and dropped her off to me when he was done.
  • Cleod to church for overnight campout @3:30
  • Ryan to play practice @ 4:30
  • Grant to soccer practice @4:30, lasted 2 hours because the coach was late
  • Lin's for Powerade and ice cream (we were soooo hot from being at practice for so long)
  • Leftover night
  • Ryan home and me to Grandma's to put her to bed


Saturday, August 19th-


Ugh. Sometimes Saturdays are so hard. I think I need to do some deep cleaning in Friday or something because I always want to have a clean house for Sunday so I stress out on Saturday. And today was so busy that I wasn't home much so when I was home I was a beast of a mother.


Photo by Grant

This morning I babysat at the gym. After lunch Grant had his first soccer game, which was good but it was soooo hot outside.

Grant was the goalie for a quarter
Cute sisters
Silly Molly
More sister selfies

When we got home from the game we had 30 minutes to get ready to go to the temple so so I was trying to get the kids to do their chores and some extra stuff. Cleod had just gotten home from the campout and was a little emotional, which I didn't think about it being because he was so tired.

The temple session was hard for me because I was hot and uncomfortable. I fell asleep a couple times which wasn't good either. After the session we went to eat with the Ivies which was nice.

No comments: