So there was this earthquake on Monday...no really. It has got me thinking about whether or not I am really prepared for a disaster or whatever.
Last January, my New Year's Resolutions were centered on the word Prepare. I accomplished part of my goals and want to continue.
Last year I wanted to lose 30 lbs and I did lose 20, but I would like to get the other 10 off...
We had a goal to go to the temple twice a month. That's a little too much for us but most of the year we made it once month and it has been lovely! This once a month thing is now a habit and a must for Silas and I.
I also wanted to be better at planning out meals and I have been fairly consistent and planning two weeks of meals at a time. It still can be a pain, but once I know that I have 14 meals worth of food in my house, I can be flexible and fix what I'd like.
So here are some goals for this year:
1. Update my price list (a list of the prices of groceries I commonly buy so I know when there's a really good deal)
2. Build three-month supply of meals I can use without perishable foods like fresh meats and produce.
3. Budget better. I have a tight, organized budget...that I hardly EVER keep. Actually, it's just my grocery budget that I go over. I need to work on shopping the sales better.
4. Complete Plan 9 checklist. I have 2 of the 9 done so far.
I do feel more prepared than last year, but these goals would give me even more sense of security.
Here goes...
2 comments:
I'm definitely wanting to make one of my goals this year to be more prepared. You've been such a great example to follow, too! :)
I'd never thought to make a price list. That is such a good idea. And you are so good to have your meals planned for 2 weeks, I'm lucky if I have dinner planned a few hours in advance.
Post a Comment