Sunday, July 17, 2016

July 15 & 16

19 years
Friday, July 15th-

Today is 19 years since Silas and I met. We hadn't even remembered to plan anything but since we were going to Girl's Camp today we ended up having a little adventure for our anniversary. Mom came up from Vegas to watch the kids and we headed up to the Richfield area to meet up with the girls. On the way we stopped at a cute little sandwich shop in Beaver.

Lunch date
Hanging out with the girls was great. We played some games, went white water rafting and had a yummy dinner made by Clint and Jim. I had a headache during a lot of the time so I didn't get to chat with the girls as much as I'd like but I'm still really glad I went. Silas did a great job talking to the girls about setting goals and testimony meeting was great too.

Camp game
Me
Artwork by Cleod
Saturday, July 16th-

This morning was a wonderful experience. Today was the funeral for Pres. Sherratt. Silas didn't have to conduct the whole funeral, which he thought he might, but he did officiate for the Family Prayer after the viewing and for the Graveside Dedication after the funeral. On both, he did a great job. There were so many men there to give him support and remind him of what he was supposed to say so it worked out great.


Flag from fire department and the casket leaving the Hunter Conference Center.
Graveside
The funeral was amazing. There were wonderful musical numbers. My favorite was "Bring Him Home" sung by the guy who played Jean Valjean at the production put on by the Shakespeare Festival a few years ago. He was truly amazing. And although the funeral wasn't an LDS service (which is why Silas didn't have to conduct) most of the speakers were LDS and bore powerful witnesses of a loving Heavenly Father as well as life after death. I am so grateful I know this things as well.

Grandma headed home an hour or so after we got back home. Cleod went with her too so that will be an adventure. We miss him already. We took the other kids to Tiki Shack tonight to spend some time with them since we've been gone so much. We love our crazy kiddos.

Tiki Shack
 

No comments: