Sunday, July 3, 2016

June 29 & 30

 

Photo taken 6-28-16
By Cora
Wednesday, June 29th-

Playgroup today was really nice. It was a little cooler out and we had lots of shade at East Elementary where we met this week.


Kids playing at playgroup
Then again to papers. Grant did it with Ryan again this week but we had Cleod come with us and roll most of the papers while the other boys delivered. It worked out really well again though. Grant is super speedy on his scooter and gets the job done quickly. He is cute to watch.

Cleod had his first Board of Review as a Boy Scout tonight. He said it went well. He has finally earned his Tenderfoot. He hasn't had scouts for a while because we don't have 11-year-old scout leaders right now so he was super excited to hang out with the Young Men after the Board of Review. They invited him to come to mutual the next few weeks too, so he is excited about that.

Tonight while Cleod was at scouts, the rest of us went to Wal-Mart for some groceries. Summer has thrown me off my schedule a little so I haven't been doing my weekly grocery run. We were out of lots of basics that I don't normally run out of so it was important for us to go. The kids were good for me which was nice. 


Thursday, June 30th-

This morning, early, some ladies from the ward and I went to weed a ward member's yard. We actually did on Tuesday too and got a TON of weeds out. Today we pretty much filled up the family's trash can. It has been nice to do some service and also hang out with a few great ladies.


Truck full of weeds from Tuesday
Cleod finally felt up to going to band today. When I picked him up he was tearing up and told me that they had a little concert. I had no idea. He said there was someone to watch everyone in the band except for him. I apologized and explained that I would totally have been there if I had known. He said that he knew that and that is what helped him from crying during band. Poor guy.


Playing at the park before story time
Story time was a craft today which the kids really enjoyed. Cleod wanted to look at books instead and I let him. It was weird though. I don't know if I'm ready to let him be a big kid yet.


Decorating "binoculars" at story time
This afternoon Cleod spent some time with Skyler and his family. After dinner we picked him up and then drove up to the C Overlook. We hadn't ever done that before and it was beautiful...but very cold. I was actually on the phone with Darin while we were there so I didn't take any photos but we are going to go up there again soon, when the weather is nicer. On the way there Silas ran into Lin's and got donuts so we had a nice, junky drive and some good, quality family time.

Before going home we stopped at Wal-Mart to get Molly a new car seat. She has outgrown her other seat and is big enough for a high-backed booster. She could buckle herself up right away which NONE of her siblings could do for weeks, maybe months.

It is another interesting milestone we are achieving. No more buckling up our kids! Weird.
My big girl, thinking she is pretty awesome
Grant and Molly doing something from Studio C
 

No comments: