Monday, August 29th-
Rough day at our house. Mondays are often hard with Silas being so drained from Sunday and me trying to get the house back together after the weekend (how in the world does it explode after not cleaning for one day?!) plus we had a couple of kids home from school.
So we're going to try to be grateful...
- Ryan won a prize at school today and gave it to Cleod.
- Cleod got a bigger candy at piano lessons today so that it would be easier to share with the other kids.
- I did a French braid in Cora's hair (I'm not good at braids) and it stayed in all day!
- Silas brought Brick House home for the 2 of us for dinner because he thought I could use some of my favorite sweet potato fries.
- Silas got approved to go to Nashville in October for a security conference and I get to go too!
- Cleod read 3 books including one of this year’s Battle of the Books books. From now on when they stay home, they read for at least half the day! Grant was home too and didn't love that rule but it will get better.
Tuesday, August 30th-
![]() |
| Girls waiting for Silas and I to get ready this morning |
- Cleod and Grant are home again
- Came across an article about minimalism called, "How getting rid of my stuff saved my motherhood." It describes my feelings so well. I even made Silas read it. He is going to help me SERIOUSLY declutter the house this weekend.
![]() |
| Molly excited to see Ryan and Cora walking home |
Wednesday, August 31st-
- Cleod and Grant home sick.
- Cleod chiro
- Grant helped with paper route.
- Webelos at Canyon Park with whole family (minus Dad who was at the church)
- Filled up two big, black garabage cans full of junk and took 5 garbage bags of clothes and stuff to DI.
![]() |
| Hot dogs at Webelos |
Thursday, September 1st-
- Cleod home from school again...his throat is mostly better but he has an awful cough.
- I had a chiropractic appt in the late morning. Took the girls and Cleod with me (he needs to get out of the house).
- Took them to DQ for lunch and ice cream.

At the Instacare Cora to school and then Cleod and Molly and I went to the library.- At home again….Cleod reading time and Molly puzzles while I decluttered (had one of the big garbage cans full within a few hours of the trash truck coming).
- After school the girls did homework and chores and then played outside with neighbors.
- Me to Book Club at Joanne's about Cheaper by the Dozen (Love the book and love book club!).
Friday, September 2nd-
- Decluttered boy’s closet (which is huge because it has been a catch-all place for years.)
- Cleod has viral bronchitis
- Cleod has done a ton of work that I've picked up at school this week. Hopefully he won't be too behind when he gets back.
![]() |
| Molly wearing the same outfit as Cora in the photo on the laptop |
![]() |
| Daddy after work on Friday Photo by Molly |
Saturday, September 3rd-
- Feeling yucky...Silas too (woke up with sore throat but pushed through)
- Cleod seems to be feeling better
- Grant's flag football practice (beautiful weather!)
- More de-junking (filled second black garbage can!)
- DI trip with 2 boxes of books and several garbage bags of clothes and random stuff.
- Our closet has issues (had too much stuff on my self and the screws are coming out of the wall so our closet and room are a mess and I can't put it back together until we get it fixed. Hopefully we can do that Monday.)
- Date night = Sweet Basil (YUM) and Star Trek: Beyond (Super good)

Photos by Cora 
The many emotions of girls 
Beautiful day for a football practice





No comments:
Post a Comment