Friday, September 23, 2016

Sept 19-22



Monday, September 19th-

For family home evening we made a plan! We pick out topics for lessons for the next two months so that it will be easier to help the kids prepare lessons. They seem excited (although they are always excited about home evening lately) so I think it will work.

For the treat, we walked to KB for goodies. Molly picked out Sour Patch Kids, but got the extra sour kind. I told her it would be extra sour and when she put the first one in her mouth she looked at me in a cute, concerned face and said, “Oh...right,” but just kept eating it. She actually doesn't have a big problem with sour things, but it was funny that she recognized that they were different.

Excited, thinking it's going to be awesome!
Silas got a pickled sausage thing that he remembers eating with his dad when they were doing construction together. Luckily, I decided to document the whole thing because his faces were pretty hilarious!

Disappointed! Haha
Tuesday, September 20th-

Tension rod fell in laundry room yesterday. A small but
additional issue as we are trying to get organized.
Wishing I could declutter today but we are kind of at a stand still. We are waiting on other people on the loom, the Volkswagen and the big couch. We also are waiting for parts for our the closet in our room so we can fix the shelf and put stuff back up. Hopefully we can get going again soon. I did clean the garage a little but wasn't able to do much because there is so much extra stuff in there.

In the afternoon Molly and I played with Gideon and Peter while Megan helped at the school. We had a great time! I miss having a little boy in the house!
Me and Pete

Wednesday, September 21st-
Cleod with his first school ID card
Cleod's grades = 4.0!
Cleod came home today with an ID card from school. It made me feel super excited for him. I remember that having an ID card made me feel old, even if it is just for lunch and school activities. He also came home with grades and has a 4.0! We are super excited! His grades didn't look so hot after missing a whole week of school but he worked hard to make up work and his teachers have been super great at helping him get on track. I'm really proud of him, and he's excited to get into Honor Society next quarter.

Tonight at football Grant ran the ball a few yards twice (one of the times he got taken down by a BIG boy), dove to get flags at least 2 times (missed), got two flags (YEA!) and helped with a “fake!” He is doing great and having fun. Ryan did well too, from what I heard. Cleod watched his game again since Silas had to be at the church.
After football we went to the Warby's house for Paesyn's birthday party. Molly actually had been over their earlier in the day for a kid party. She was going to stay there until we went out for the party in the evening but we missed her too much and went to get her after we finished papers.

Thursday, September 22nd-

Beautiful raining day. Had the missionaries over for dinner which was enjoyable. Let the girls and Grant make a mess with "crafts" after dinner. Baked a couple loaves of bread. Made plum jam. Didn't hound the kids about chores. Kinda love my husband a lot. It was a happy day.

No comments: