This morning I woke up feeling AWFUL. I literally stayed in bed until after 10am. Cleod feels worse today too and has even thrown up a couple of times. Poor guy. And poor Ryan. He's had to take care of the little ones this morning. I'm glad he was willing.
As the day went on I got a little more energy and was able to make lunch and blog for a while. The boys played The Farming Game and the girls colored for a while. (I still am amazed at how long girls can sit at the table and just color!) We also watched some Sunday movies. I am bummed the other kids couldn't go to church since they were feeling fine, but it's just something we have to deal with now that Silas is the bishop.
Silas was a champ today. He honestly wanted a lazy day and ended up going on errands for me and for the house. He also went to the Warby’s to help lay sod for a couple hours. He didn't really get a break at all. I'm grateful for him.
I am so grateful for the power of the Priesthood and how it blesses our family!
Wednesday, September 7th-
Today Ryan and Grant had their first flag football games. Their games were at the same time so Cleod watched Ryan's game and I watched Grant's game. Cleod had the "home phone" cell with him so we could check on each other and all the games are at Bicentennial Park so we are close. Payson Slade's team played against Ryan's so Cleod sat by Emma.
Grant and Ryan both snagged a flag or two off the other team and they both had a good time. After the game I took them to Tiki Shack for snow cones. The weather is so perfect in the evenings right now and no one else was there so we took our time.
Thursday, September 8th-
This weekend is Stake Conference so tonight was the Stake Leadership Session at the Temple. We had a chapel session with one of the Temple Presidency members and then did an endowment session. There were SO many people from our stake. It was wonderful! This is the third ward in this stake we've been of, spanning over 11 years, so there are so many people that we know and love! Silas and I took a van load from our ward which was really fun.
Friday, September 9th-
Tonight was the Homecoming football game for Canyon View so after school, the kids and I went down the road to watch the HS parade. Cleod had walked home with Braxton Baker and left a few minutes before us with Braxton to hang out at his grandparents' (Gublers) house to watch the parade. I had him take the home phone and gave him very specific instructions, but I wasn't nervous at all to let him go. For one, Braxton is a really good boy and doesn't seem to be one to get into trouble. Also, having the cell phone to be able to communicate with him is a really weight off my shoulders.
Ryan was also able to play with a friend (Kai) after dinner for a while which he was super excited about. They have a great time and haven't been able to play much lately.
Cleod stayed with the Bakers for dinner and went with them to the football game. He had such a great time and I am grateful that the Bakers were willing to let him tag along. He gets a lot of flack from us AND a lot of responsiblities. Poor guy. I was happy to be able to let him do something super fun tonight.
Silas and I went to a late movie with Brett and Chette tonight. We haven't gone on a date with them for months and we haven't really hung out recently either. They are so great!
Saturday, September 10th-
Chores, football and hanging out. Good Saturday. I even got to go on a walk with Amber in the afternoon.
Ryan's team lost again but today he was so much happier. On Wednesday they didn't score at all and lost by quite a bit. Today they lost by a lot again, but toward the end of the game, they made a touchdown. He smiled so big for the rest of the game. Even a grandma of one of his teammates mentioned that he had a great smile and it made her day that he was happy even though they lost.
Ryan has always had such a great smile. I love that about him!
In the evening, Silas and I went to the Adult Session of Stake Conference. The theme for the night was Mental Illness and it was a wonderful meeting. It started out with Pres. Potter from the Stake Presidency sharing a personal experience about a time when his father was depressed, although no one knew that's what is was until recently. Then a member of our stake talked about the Fall and how we are human and all of us are subject to trials and sickness just because we are here. We watched a video that the church put out about mental and emotional disorders, and a counselor from LDS Family Services gave a GREAT talk on not having shame over our different issues. One of the things I likes was that she talked about balancing ourselves with positive words when we feel negative. When we think so much on the negative side it becomes heavy...and when things are heavy we think it's true. I love the way she described that and the visual I can imagine of a set of scales, one side negative and one side positive. Whether it's feelings about ourselves or our situations, the more negative things we think and feel, the more negative things become our reality, even if they honestly aren't true. Such an interesting and tue concept for me.
Pres. Rau ended with a wonderful talk on the difference between sin and mistakes. This concept also amazes me. Especially with my kids, I think I feel like anything that is bad or wrong is a sin. Not that I tell my kids they are sinning, but I think I make them feel badly for things they do, like hurting their siblings, because I want them to know it is wrong so they won't do it again. It's like I want them to feel bad for their sin and repent of it so they can be happy. In reality, most of the things that young children do are mearly mistakes. I want my kids to recognize their mistakes but I don't want them to feel AWFUL because of their mistakes. They will NEVER be happy if they feel so bad for every little thing they do...because we always make mistakes. This is something I am going to try to think about and talk more with the kids about. Pres. Rau also talked about how the Atonement redeems, strengthens and perfects us. He talked about how the temple is the best place to fully understand the Atonement.
Molly moment: On Thursday, I showed Molly how to write an M. She struggled a little but wrote a few that day. Today I found a paper covered in Ms, some of which were pretty great! Sometimes I think I should be sad that she's growing up but mostly I am super excited. She is so fun and happy and is going to just continue to be a joy to our family!
![]() |
| Finally fell asleep after throwing up for the second time today |
![]() |
| Molly's "babies" |
Monday, September 5th-
Tried to declutter more today but wasn't feeling very good so we didn't get a ton done. We also have no room in the garbage cans, the garage is packed and we are waiting for the VW to be towed. I did vacuum out the back of the dryer, which I haven't done for over a year. There was a TON of lint and hair everywhere...a fire waiting to happen! I'm relieved that it is done.
Silas was a champ today. He honestly wanted a lazy day and ended up going on errands for me and for the house. He also went to the Warby’s to help lay sod for a couple hours. He didn't really get a break at all. I'm grateful for him.
![]() |
| Dryer cleaning |
Tuesday, September 6th-
Silas has psoriatic arthritis. It is similar to rheumatoid arthritis and is treated with the same medications. Silas has a shot he gives himself every other week and he takes some pills once a week. He's done this forever.
Recently he has had more symptoms returning in between his shots so he has been taking an extra pill on Mondays. This medicine has always kind of made him feel nauseated but it has been a lot worse lately. His doctor just talked to him about splitting the pills between two days a week so he only took 4 yesterday (he usually takes 7). Today he felt awful! It makes his stomach hurt and it makes him feel down.
When he was home for lunch I could tell it was bad. I asked if he wanted a blessing (something he never asks for himself) and he brushed it off saying that he would see how he felt. So of course I immediately send a text to Jim asking if he had time to come over and give him a blessing. He replied right away and said he would head over. He picked up Clint on the way and together they have Silas a blessing.
I think it helped Silas to see that he has such good support. He KNOWS that because he works with Jim and Clint in the bishopric and they are an awesome team, but that is with Church stuff. This was a personal matter that they were willing to help with as well as sacrifice a little work time for.
Also, the blessing talked about how the Lord was thankful for the work Silas does for Him and that he was loved. It also talked about the Atonement and right after the blessing Silas talked about how he was grateful for that because he knows that there is no limit to the power of the Atonement but that for him, he has seen it work more on a spiritual level and he's just dealt with his physical trials. So this was a good insight on how Silas might be able to get the strength he needs to endure his physical trials and at some point have relief from them.
I am so grateful for the power of the Priesthood and how it blesses our family!
![]() |
| Kids playing The Farming Game today |
![]() |
| Molly playing during Cleod's chiropractic appointment today |
Wednesday, September 7th-
![]() |
| Tiki Shack!! |
Grant and Ryan both snagged a flag or two off the other team and they both had a good time. After the game I took them to Tiki Shack for snow cones. The weather is so perfect in the evenings right now and no one else was there so we took our time.
![]() |
| Fun with the kids at Tiki Shack after football |
This weekend is Stake Conference so tonight was the Stake Leadership Session at the Temple. We had a chapel session with one of the Temple Presidency members and then did an endowment session. There were SO many people from our stake. It was wonderful! This is the third ward in this stake we've been of, spanning over 11 years, so there are so many people that we know and love! Silas and I took a van load from our ward which was really fun.
Friday, September 9th-
Tonight was the Homecoming football game for Canyon View so after school, the kids and I went down the road to watch the HS parade. Cleod had walked home with Braxton Baker and left a few minutes before us with Braxton to hang out at his grandparents' (Gublers) house to watch the parade. I had him take the home phone and gave him very specific instructions, but I wasn't nervous at all to let him go. For one, Braxton is a really good boy and doesn't seem to be one to get into trouble. Also, having the cell phone to be able to communicate with him is a really weight off my shoulders.
Ryan was also able to play with a friend (Kai) after dinner for a while which he was super excited about. They have a great time and haven't been able to play much lately.
Cleod stayed with the Bakers for dinner and went with them to the football game. He had such a great time and I am grateful that the Bakers were willing to let him tag along. He gets a lot of flack from us AND a lot of responsiblities. Poor guy. I was happy to be able to let him do something super fun tonight.
Silas and I went to a late movie with Brett and Chette tonight. We haven't gone on a date with them for months and we haven't really hung out recently either. They are so great!
Chores, football and hanging out. Good Saturday. I even got to go on a walk with Amber in the afternoon.
![]() |
| Ryan (in Lime shorts) blocking and Cora with sour Skittles |
Ryan has always had such a great smile. I love that about him!
![]() |
| Ice cream after games |
![]() |
| Molly's Ms |
Molly moment: On Thursday, I showed Molly how to write an M. She struggled a little but wrote a few that day. Today I found a paper covered in Ms, some of which were pretty great! Sometimes I think I should be sad that she's growing up but mostly I am super excited. She is so fun and happy and is going to just continue to be a joy to our family!
![]() |
| Found pictures from Ryan's flag football team from last year |











No comments:
Post a Comment