Friday, June 16, 2017

Week 23, June 4-10

Sunday, June 4th-
    "I will tell you all that your faith, religion, and profession of religion, will never save one soul of you in the Celestial Kingdom of our God, unless you carry out just such principles as I am now teaching you. Go and bring in those people now on the plains. And attend strictly to those things which we call temporal, or temporal duties. Otherwise, your faith will be in vain." -Brigham Young
    Today I shared in church part of the the story of Brigham Young asking the Saints in... Salt Lake City to aid the handcart companies who were dying and without food in Wyoming. I shared this story in part because we have those around us who need help and we (including myself) can get so wrapped up in our lives and problems that we forget to look outaide ourselves and serve.
    Today our good Bishop asked our ward (congregation) to consider increasing our Fast Offerings to help members of our ward who are struggling. This is one way we can help and there are so many other ways.
    “Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world" (James 1:27).

Monday, June 5th-
Molly is happy about her Moanna necklace

  • Summer band
  • Ryan piano with Peggy
  • Cora tumbling with Lauren Barrick (for the next 2 weeks)
  • Molly got necklace in the mail from Grandpa and Grandma Rowley for a late birthday present
  • Got a lot done around the house
  • Babysat at gym (next Monday another girl starts Monday night thankfully! Now I just need a Tuesday evening girl.)


Tuesday, June 6th-

  • Summer band
  • Boys piano with Clarica
  • Babysat at gym
Molly's selfie plus Cleod
Catch Molly "reading" her favorite book "Oops" with a tiger friend
Wednesday, June 7th-

  • Molly woke up with a RED eye!
    Summer band
  • Mopped the floor
  • Missed playgroup because Molly has pink eye
  • Took Molly to Dr. Corry for eye drops
  • Cora tumbling
  • Ryan scouts and Cleod mutual

Molly playing hard at the doctor's office

Silly Molly girl at the Dr office
Smile from Grant, just for fun

Thursday, June 8th-

  • Summer band
  • Tumbling
  • Other than that we just hung out at home

Happy girl- except when it's
time for eye drops

Friday, June 9-

For the last 6 months or so, Fridays have been my “rest” day. Since school got out it hasn't been quite as restful as I'd like but today was a good, restful day.

First of all, we didn't have any activities to get to today so the morning was more easy-going. After breakfast the big boys and I caught up on some of our summer Book of Mormon reading by listening to a few chapters. We've listened to a lot of the Isaiah chapters together since they are a little hard to understand.

In the afternoon we were supposed to go swimming but Molly’s pink eye isn't quite cleared up so we had to postpone it. Besides wanted to take the kids swimming more while school is out, Grant has also earned swimming on his summer reading chart. Maybe we'll try to go tomorrow.

Instead, we did a few errands and got snow cones in the crazy wind.

Tonight was the Priesthood Commemoration overnighter but Silas and I also had a dinner for Bishops and their wives that the Stake was putting together so Jim took the boys and Silas met up with them after the sinner portion of the night.

The wives went into another room after dinner and talked about some of the blessings and issues of being a Bishop’s wife. It was a good meeting overall, but I felt a little left out. Most of the positive things the sisters shared about themselves and their experiences are not things I feel I can relate with right now. That's a whole different story though.

I picked up the girls and we went and got some ice cream and watched part of Anne of Avonlea in my bed. :)

Saturday, June 10th-

Busy morning. Silas and the boys got home from the campout at 8:30am or so. I felt badly that they had to leave so quickly.

Silas throwing a ball up to get another ball out of a tree...
he ended up getting the second ball stuck up there too.
I had a Visiting Teaching Brunch at 9am at our building and then went straight to Jana Jackson’s funeral. Her parents wanted it at their building and had their Bishop officiate but Silas sat on the stand with him. Amber and I went together and stayed afterward to help with the luncheon. We didn't get home until 3:30pm. At that point I just sat and read, I was so tired.

We did take the kids out in evening to play at the park for 30 minutes or so. They were troopers this morning and got their chores done while Silas and I were gone and there weren't any fights or anything.

No comments: