Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Choir, Chili's and Laundry Soap

 
Monday, January 25th-

Ryan smirking because I was taking his picture.
This evening Ryan performed with the Fiddlers Canyon Elementary Choir at a city Art's Council Meeting. They gave a small grant to our choir so it was sort of like a Thank You show. Silas stayed home with the other kids so I enjoyed chatting with friends and being able to video the songs they sang. Ryan is quite a performer and really gets into the music. I'm glad there is a good choir at their school.
 
Afterwards, Silas and the kids met us at Chili's. We went for dessert, but ordered chips and salsa and some nachos. We devoured three plates of chips and most of the nachos before getting our Molten Chocolate Cakes. Yes, cakes. We ordered two. Haha. We are a big family! :)
 
Cora took this picture at Chili's.
Grant was getting tired and rubbing his eyes.
We like to treat the kids after recitals or performances. Also, the elementary PTA was doing a fundraiser so a percentage of what we paid went to the PTA. There are a lot of fundraisers that I do not agree with so when there is one like this, we try to participate. AND, we had a Chili's gift card! WIN-WIN-WIN!
 
 
Tuesday, January 26th-
 
Molly's doing some awesome dive move.
Entertaining Grandma
The girls and I woke up Grandma Warby again this morning. Today I actually got some photos (although they aren't the greatest quality) of them dancing for Grandma. Poor Grandma was in so much pain today so she didn't really pay attention to the girls, but I think they normally help her to feel a little better about her life.
 
After Grandma's and some errands, Silas came home for lunch to watch the girls and my friend Amber and I went to Brick House Café for lunch. I totally forgot to take a photo but we had a great visit and ate great food! I love the sweet potato fries and caramel sauce they have there. YUM!
 
Later in the afternoon, I made five batches of homemade laundry soap. For years, I made liquid soap, but for a little while now I have been making dry soap. Here's the recipe:
 
1 bar Fels Naptha laundry soap, grated
1 cup washing soda (I use baking soda that I have heated at 200 degrees for 1 hour)
1 cup borax
1/4 Pyrex crystal things (optional for scent)
 
After grating the bar (I broke that part of my food processor) you put the soap, soda, borax and crystals in the food processor until they are all mixed. DONE! I funnel the dry soap into the Pyrex container and use the cap to measure about 1/4 cup of soap when I do a load of laundry. I use OxyClean too, but don't add it in before I wash. Not sure why. haha.
 
 
 
 


No comments: