Thursday, January 21, 2016

January 20

Wednesday, January 20th-

Deruchette had her baby last night! It's a girl! And she is a miracle. The Warby family is basically our family and we are very happy that Tamina is here.



Breakfast with Grandma Warby
Although I was anxious to get over to the hospital and see my friend and her new, little one, the girls and I started our morning waking up Grandma Warby. For a while now, I have been helping out either waking up or putting Grandma to bed. It has been really good for me and for my kids. Grandma (Florian Matheson Warby) is actually my cousin. Well, she's technically my second cousin, twice removed. My grandma, Pearl Matheson McAllister, my mom's mother, is Florian's second cousin and they were close in age and both grew up in Parowan, UT. Grandma Warby also new my Grandpa Rowley's family, including Grandma Cora who our Cora is named after. My Grandma, Pearl, died when I was very young and my Grandma Rowley died when I was in college. I knew her very well and lived with her for the last few months of her life, but in my naivety I feel like I didn't care for her as well as I should have, at the end. So in some ways, I am making it up to my Grandmas, who I love so dearly, by caring for Grandma Warby the best that I can.

Grandma Warby was an only child due to the tragic deaths of each of her sisters before they turned one. For this reason, and others, Grandma is used to getting what she wants. She can be feisty and hard to deal with, but over all I really enjoy interacting with her regularly.

My kids have had a good experience watching and caring for her a little too. Cora and Molly love when we get to eat breakfast with her. Before we leave in the mornings, they always dance for her, usually to "Somewhere My Love."


Waiting for appointment
Lazy Molly in the waiting room
After getting Grandma settled, we went to story time at the library, something we do nearly every Wednesday morning. Then we headed to the Ear, Nose and Throat specialist in town, Dr. Pearson. Cora has had very bad breath most of her life and I finally wanted to see if it was anything serious or if there was something we could do.




Dr. Pearson is the doctor that removed my tonsils a year ago and Cleod's several years ago. He is a very smart and nice man. He didn't find anything wrong with Cora's tonsils or sinuses. He did find that she has a lot of build-up on the very back of her tongue, so we just need to clean that better. Cora was so good when he was poking around in her mouth. It is almost ridiculous how much she loves going to the doctor. In the picture I took, she looks nervous but she wasn't AT ALL. She kept saying that she couldn't wait to meet him.


Waiting for the doctor
Miracle baby

After the boys were home from school and done with homework, I was finally able to head to the hospital to visit with Deruchette. I teared up as she told me about the delivery. Tamina is only 4 lbs. 3 oz. and 17 inches long, although she was full-term. The cord was around her belly several times and it was scary getting her here, but they were watched over and had a great doctor to care for them. When I was visiting, the baby was in the nursery so I was just planning on chatting with my friend, but Brett was able to take me back to the nursery so I got to hold her for a while.

She is adorable and itsy-bitsy. She makes all sorts of interesting faces and has a precious little cry. She is going to fit right into her wonderful family!

Holding Tamina

No comments: