Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Sept 23-26

Friday, September 23rd-

"It's 40 minutes!"
Catch up on the blog today. While I was on the computer, Molly was watching a show. After it ended she came and asked me if she could watch another one and kept saying, "It's 40 minutes!" with all 5 fingers in the air. She is such a funny kid!
My washer isn't staying on unless there is
something on top of it. Bleh!
Grant wearing Molly's hat
Saturday, September 24th-


What a day! It started early with football photos and games. I took the boys early for their pictures and Silas and the others met up with us later. Both games went well and Grant's team actually won! Super exciting!
Grant is ready to go!
You can see the temple from this field!!! Love it!
We went straight from the park to SUU to watch the Homecoming Parade, which is probably the best parade in town. The kids for lots of candy and it was fun to get excited for the game tonight.
#1- Cora jumping in excitement wanting Thor to give her a High-Five!
#2- Cora jumping for joy that Thor gave her a High-Five!
With the little time we had at home today we got a lot done. Silas and I took out basement couch over to Joy’s house. It looks really nice in her living room so that made me happy. Our family room looks huge now and I'm excited to see what we decide to do in there.


We ran to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things including the new glasses that Cleod and I ordered last week.


Sporting new glasses at the game!
Then we were off to Brett and Deruchette’s house for an hour or so. The kids played and were crazy. The dads watched part of a BYU game that was on and Der and I visited and helped kids with stuff. It was nice to just hang out with them for a little while.


Next we went to see Richard and Melissa at SUU during the tailgate party. The kids are some food and we visited with them until the game started.

Photos by Cora


Kick-off!
Many faces of Cora!





It was a great football game, although we quickly remembered why we didn't want to take the kids after last year. Cora was bored, Molly was whiny and Grant just looked at his Pokemon cards most of the time. Silas finally just took them home during the 3rd quarter. Cleod found Braxton to sit by and Ryan and I went and say with the Huffs, Bogles and DeJesus's. The last minutes of the game were amazing! The other team had the ball and they were close to their end zone. They were 7 points behind so if they got a touchdown it would have tied the game and they would have had to go into overtime. They passed the ball and one of our players intercepted it near the 5 yard line and ran ALL THE WAY to the other end zone for another touchdown. It was amazing! My throat hurt afterward from yelling so much.


Cleod, Ryan and I walked over to Grandma Warby’s to put her to bed and Silas picked us up about an hour later. It was a long, fun day!


Sunday, September 25th-


The Primary Program went well today. The kids sang great and did great on their parts. I didn't mess up too badly on the piano so that was good.


The four of ours that were in the program all showed great confidence when speaking at the pulpit. I am really grateful that each of our children are happy, intelligent and friendly. Molly is the first one who has shown any type of shyness, but even she is very confident when she wants to be.


My mom came into town a couple hours before church started, just to go to Sacrament meeting with us to be able to watch the kids. It was nice having her here even though it wasn't long. I even talked her into making the two of us Tapicoa Pudding this morning. Yum!


Monday, September 26th-
Cleod and his buckle fracture
Peter admiring Cleod and his bass clarinet
Last week Cleod fell on his pinkie while playing outside. He said it hurt and we had given him some medicine the first day but kind of ignored it after that. Today at school he hurt it playing football and Silas had to take him to the InstaCare. It ends up that he has a buckle fracture. Nothing is broken but the bone is bent or something. He needs to wear a splint/brace thing for 10-14 days. Perfect for clarinet and piano playing! Sheesh.

Molly and I had Gid and Peter over this afternoon which was super fun.

Happy birthday to Deruchette!
Tonight we had a little party for Deruchette’s birthday, even though it was a couple weeks ago. We got some balloons and ice cream cake. Jamie, Katie and Makayla and their families all came too. It was a super fun time. Sometimes (ok, lots of times) I wish we lived out in Westview so we could hang out with them more often. But I’m glad we still spend time together when we can.

No comments: