Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Oct 1-5

Saturday, October 1st-

Molly corrected herself tonight when she starting to say “burk” for book. Now she has said book several times, the right way and I'm sad. Grant keeps saying that He wants her to stay like she is. I agree.

Today we had a couple of football games but mostly we had General Conference! I actually didn't hear as much of it as I normally do but what I heard was great and I am excited to watch it and listen to it again. (I listen to Conference talks a lot while I am doing laundry.)

Silas took Cleod to Priesthood Session tonight which Cleod seemed to really enjoy. Amber and I went to a Lularoe party for a while and I got some new clothes that I am excited about. Mostly it was fun hanging out with Amber.

Sunday, October 2nd-

More Conference today! It was nice to stay home and have Silas with us today, although the poor guy slept a lot of the day. Conference was good and the kids were good. Again, I'm anxious to listen to the talks again soon!

Photo and editing by Grant
Laptop with Conference on upstairs













TV with conference on downstairs


Monday, October 3rd-


Molly says another cute thing and it hasn't gone away yet. Instead of saying "without" she says "about." So today she was telling Silas she didn't want us to prayer without him but she said about so it was something like, "I don't want to pray about you!" She is precious...good thing we knew what she meant.

This afternoon was my parent-teacher conference with Cleod's teachers. They all love him and he is doing so well! I am really proud of him!

Another kid funny from today. I was in one of my new shirts and I came down to see the kids after they walked in the house after school...

Grant: What happened?
Me: What?
Grant: You look pretty!

Not sure how to take that. But it was cute.


Tuesday, October 4th-

Ryan and Grant had their parent-teacher conferences today and they are both doing awesome too! It is so great to have chats with the kids' teachers and have all of the information be positive!

Today I started "training" for a 10K race. I went running with the stroller today which was a bad idea. Hopefully Thursday's run will be better.


Wednesday, October 5th-

Survived another crazy Wednesday!

  • Get boys off to school (was a struggle)
  • Gym (hard workout!)
  • Pick up Cleod for lunch (we had a hard morning so I felt bad and used food to apologize)
  • Pick up papers
  • Threw chicken stew in crock pot (and I made an extra batch for a freezer meal!)
  • Walked Cora to school
  • Finally get showered and ready
  • Couple loads of laundry and ironed 6 of Silas’s dress shirts
  • Kids home
  • Rolled papers while kids had after-school snacks
  • Paper route
  • Bank to deposit kids’ paper route money
  • Cleod's piano lesson across town (Silas picked up football snacks while we are waiting for Cleod)
  • Dropped off Cleod at home so he can go to church for scouts with Silas, Grant changed into football jersey, I grabbed snacks. Silas and Cleod ate the stew.
  • Football game. Grant does awesome and their team won!
  • Late dinner with the rest of the fam.
  • Made 3 batches of laundry soap while kids finished chores, instruments and changed into jammies
  • Silas brought Cleod home from scouts (grateful I didn't have to leave during this get-ready-for-bed time) and then went back to the church
  • Cleaned kitchen and swept kitchen and dining room while kids read
  • Scripture time
  • Bed for kids
  • Blog for mom

No comments: