Thursday, October 27th-
 |
| The Hermitage |
Today we found a jewel in the middle of Nashville. After breakfast and checking out of our hotel, we went to see The Hermitage, Andrew Jackson's home. Silas had wanted to get out an enjoy some countryside while we were there but we didn't have time this morning. This ended up being EXACTLY what we were looking for. It's over 1100 acres of countryside in the middle of the city.
 |
| At the Hermitage |
We enjoyed learning more about Andrew Jackson and his family in the museum and in the actual house. We spent a little time walking around outside and though the gardens were the family is buried. There was a class of 4th graders from a local school there helping with the tours as well which was super cute.
We could have walked around for hours but we wanted to get some more Goo Goos chocolate from the mall and have enough time at the airport.
We ended up being an hour earlier than necessary so we waited at a lounge/restaurant before we could check our luggage. I read my book and Silas checked his email, something he hasn't done much on the trip. It felt like we were getting back to normal. We weren't very happy about that.
 |
| Do we HAVE to go home? |
Once we got on the plane we took a few more pictures. The sad one is the most truthful. We didn't want to go home. That sounds awful but we had such a good time and I didn't have to deal with all the things that have caused stress lately (kids, dishes, laundry). Sigh.
Friday, October 28th-
 |
| Gifts for kids |
Got home super late. The flight was ok although not really comfortable. Dad picked us up at the airport and visited with him for a few minutes at the house before heading home. We did stop in St. George for dinner at the Black Bear Diner. It was good but late and we were super tired.
 |
| Happy birthday, Uncle Ryan! |
 |
| Molly on my lap while I started getting trip pictures organized |
This morning mom stayed for a while so I started laundry and then we went to the cemetery. It's Ryan's 42nd birthday today!
Molly and I went and helped at the school and then Silas took her to lunch and I went out with Amber. It was really nice to chat. Good friends are so important!
It was a cold and windy day today. Fit perfectly with my gloomy attitude about being home. Haha
In the evening we were lazy and caught up on Studio C.
Saturday, October 29th-
Luckily, we didn't have any plans today. I did my run (5 miles today!) and the kids played outside most of the day (after their chores and computer time). With some of the neighbors they are building a fort or something in the back back. They are pretty serious about it.
In the afternoon Silas and Molly napped and I worked out blogging about the trip. Silas didn't vacation wasn't exactly as relaxing as mine, since he had to go to meetings during the day. He is exhausted!
I am grateful for this stress-free day. I feel like it helped us get back into the groove without running all over town or without entertaining anyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment