Friday, June 10th-
![]() |
| Molly trying to finish her lunch |
It was lovely to not have to rush Cleod to summer band this morning. Too bad it is another 3 weeks. I went to the gym with the little kids and got a short work out in before having to head home. I had called around to see who could help us with Ryan's wire from his braces that was poking him. Our orthodontist and dentist were out of the office. The other orthodontists in town were closed too. When I was at the gym, I got a call back from my dentist office saying that another dentist in the office could look at Ryan. So we ran home to grab the big boys (who were cleaning and listening to music) and went over to the dentist.
We had lunch when we got home, which the kids took outside for a picnic. When I went out to check on them, they had mostly abandoned their food and were playing with neighbors. Molly was still working on her food here and there but was mostly playing too. Summer is so great!
Cleod's friend Skyler and his mom came and got Cleod for a playdate after lunch. When we went to pick him up they invited us to stay and let the kids make paper rockets to launch with their air compression launcher (that's my name for it). They had such a blast. (haha) Cleod was in his element and was giving his siblings really great instructions. Diane and I sat after a while and had a good visit.
The boys had Fathers and Sons tonight. They met at the Stake Pavilion and had dinner, bouncy house and a little program about the Priesthood. While they were there, I went on a hike with Megan and Emma. Emma's girls watched my girls and everyone seemed to have a great night.
Funny Molly moment: Ryan asked Molly is she wanted a pony tail like Avatar Korra and she said, "No. Today I Molly."
Saturday, June 11th-
So, a few weeks ago I started to have bad allergies. I have been taking allergy meds and ibuprofen for pressure headaches pretty much daily for 2 or 3 weeks. This last week the headache and pain has been localized to behind my right eye and especially behind my right eye brow. Silas has encouraged me all week to go to the doctor but it just seemed so dumb and usually went away after taking something. This morning while I was trying to get some things done around the house, I was apparent that it was causing more problems and that I was having a hard time getting normal stuff done. In fact, it was starting to make my eye feel blurry and I couldn't really concentrate. So, I headed to the InstaCare. They put me on a waiting list and I came home. Silas drove me back with all the kids so we could be together. I ended up having a sinus infection in my frontal sinuses. I didn't even know there were sinuses behind your eye brows! So Silas went to Smith's for my medicine and got us all a treat before we came home.
After resting, I felt fine so we continued on with our day. Silas took Cora to a movie at the cheap theater. They had such a great time. I'm glad we have been able to do these dates with the kids. It helps them to feel special.
The evening was so nice that we decided to walk up to the elementary school and let the kids play at the park. We took Gabriel with us and there were a couple of cute kids there to the kids had a great time playing tag. Silas joined in the fun a little too, which the kids always enjoy!




After resting, I felt fine so we continued on with our day. Silas took Cora to a movie at the cheap theater. They had such a great time. I'm glad we have been able to do these dates with the kids. It helps them to feel special.
![]() |
| Dad and Cora just back from their date |




Drove past the temple earlier today too. They have done a lot on the exterior since we drove past last.
Speaking of driving past, the other day when I was talking about driving past the temple, Cora corrected me. She told me that we don't usually drive past the temple, we drive up to the temple, stop and then turn around. Sometimes her smart and literal mind cracks me up.
![]() |
| Cedar City Temple 6-13-16 |



No comments:
Post a Comment