Monday, June 6, 2016

May 31 & June 1

Tuesday, May 31st-

Tonight we had our family photos taken. It has been almost 4 years since we had family photos taken. Poor Molly hasn't been in any "professional" photos at all. I guess she must be the 5th child!

Our photo wardrobe minus Molly's dress
So a cute girl from the ward, Bethany, wants to build up her portfolio and get some experience so she offered to take pictures for free. I have had lots of stress over the whole idea of family photos but that took out one of the stress factors so I decided to go for it.

Molly while we were shopping. She was
quite the diva.
The other stress factors are clothing and kids behaving. The clothing thing ended up being super fun for me. I started with a dress that I had purchased and saved for Cora to wear in the fall to school. It is navy and then has some coral, light green, white and gray in it. Silas has a gray button up shirt and I have a pink shirt that matched. So from there a bought the other kids things. The boy's shirts I found super easier at Wal-Mart and the other day Molly and I went to TJ Maxx and found her a dress. (When we did this she was so funny and bossy.)

As for the kids and their behavior...they were actually pretty decent. I was a little anxious getting ready so that spilled over and I was noticing a lot of the little dumb things they were doing, but really they were just excited and enjoying being outside. The boys all loved the attention of getting their photos taken just as much or more as the girls did. Toward the end Molly refused to smile so some of the family photos will not have everyone smiling, but I think that we might have gotten some good ones. I am excited to see them when Bethany is done.

Apparently I only snapped a few photos of the girls

Wednesday, June 1st-

Cleod on the random toy
Busy summer day! I tried to fit the gym in while kids did chores this morning. I made it there late and had to leave early and the kids hadn't done everything they were supposed to while I was gone...so I wasn't a happy mom. After getting ready super quickly, we went to playgroup at the park with the z-line that we discovered last summer. The kids had a GREAT time and I enjoyed chatting with the ladies.


Gideon and Molly
From there we went straight to pick up the newspapers for the paper route. Today was their first paycheck! It was only for last week so it was a whapping $6.90 but the boys were excited.

We ran home to start rolling the papers and to grab snacks. Grant went to the Huff's house to hang out so the girls and I listened to music and I rolled papers while the boys started their route. It was easier today for everything, since the boys knew what to expect. They used scooters today so that worked out. They also learned that they like taking smaller amounts in backpacks so I would park at the end of a street and fill them up as they got to me. This seemed to work out.


Cora helping on the paper route
First pay check!!
In the evening some of us headed over to Steven and Katie's house for Titan's 3rd birthday party. As usual, we enjoyed spending time with our Warby friends.



No comments: