Friday, May 6, 2016

April 29 & 30

Friday, April 29th-

One of our preschool projects today
This morning was our turn to host preschool. We did a few fun activities but I mostly just let the kids play together. I think that sometimes we put too much pressure on preschool-aged kids. They need creative play time just as much, or more, than they need constructive learning time. Also, I am kind of done with the whole teaching preschool thing. I hope that the desire returns so I can do it with Molly, but I just feel burnt out. Cora loves it and enjoys time with other kids so I am glad we decided to do it, but it has definitely felt like more of a burden to me this time around.

She also tried on some sunglasses

The girls and I took a quick trip to TJMaxx this afternoon and Molly really enjoyed trying on the highest high heels she could find. At first I was annoyed and frustrated but it actually was pretty hilarious. She sure does have an interesting personality. Sometimes she is calm and sweet but mostly she is a firecracker and super silly!

10 minutes try to stand up with these crazy shoes!

The rest of the day I packed and cleaned. After school we headed to Las Vegas. It was really great to visit with Grandma and Grandpa Rowley this evening. The kids made themselves right at home, especially Grant. He gets into all kinds of stuff at Grandma's house that he shouldn't, but he doesn't do it to be naughty so it's so hard to be mad at him.


Snapped a photo while Cora was
showing her biopsy scar to Grandma and Grandpa

Saturday, April 30th-

Morning at Grandma's house
Today is rained in Vegas almost ALL DAY. It was really weird. Silas, the kids and I spent a good chunk of the day at Deni and Jeff's new place. They moved out of their apartment and are living in a house. It has a little garage, a backyard and more living space for them. We organized some stuff and helped move around some furniture and boxes. The kids really enjoyed the time they spent with their cousins and we got a lot accomplished.

On the way back to Grandma's house we stopped and got some cake from our favorite place, Nothing Bundt Cake. Yum!

Slept through lunch at Deni's house
I took a photo of some Post-its that I saw today. It is my dad's handwriting and it looks like he was calculating how early he needs to be awake to get everything done in his morning routine. Super cute, I think! And it's totally how my brain works. 

Proof of where I got some of my crazy from

No comments: