Friday, May 20, 2016

May 15, 16 & 17


Sunday, May 15th-
Grandma Warby
Photo by Grant
This morning Grant and I went to wake up Grandma and get her breakfast. He really liked Grandma and she likes having kids around. Poor Grandma seems to be more miserable lately than normal and I really feel badly for her.
Church today was good. It was my first Sunday as Primary Pianist, and it was really fun. It was hard to watch my kids when they were a little...rowdy...but over all it was good. I did miss seeing the young women but said hi to several of them in the halls.
 
Monday, May 16th-
 
Molly welcoming Dad home
Molly has had a hard time adjusting to our new, crazy life with Silas as the Bishop. Some of her behavior is due to her age but some of the whining and tantrums that are normal for this age have gotten a lot worst since Silas became Bishop. I think it is leveling out but she asks for him a lot during the day. Sometimes she randomly asks, "Where's Papa" and is ok with whatever answer I give her. Most days she is EXTREMELY happy when he gets home from work. Today I caught her hugging Silas's let long enough for me to get a photo of it. You can see the pure joy in her face. I hope she always feels that excited about seeing her daddy.
 
 
Tuesday, May 17th-
 
We did home evening tonight because I had to tend at the gym last night. The lesson was on obeying parents and mainly focused on how the kids need to work a little harder on finishing their chores every day as well as some "simple" things like rinsing out their own dishes and putting their laundry in the hamper. The last week or so it seems like everyone is so ready for summer to come (including myself) that we have neglected a lot of basic housework. Silas taught a great lesson on how we will be safer and happier when we listen to our parents and gave examples from the scriptures to illustrate his point.
 
Today while I was doing errands, I picked up some new totes for the boys to put under their beds to help them organize their own belongings. For our home evening activity, I had them color on their own totes. I normally don't like them doing that (because I am controlling and I like things to look nice and clean) but I am hoping that they will feel more excited to clean their things up if they have a more personalized space to put their things into.
 
Cora and I colored on some smaller totes for the playroom while Molly napped and our tired Daddy rested and watched.

Family Home Evening: Organization!

No comments: