Monday, May 16, 2016

May 5 & 6

YW yesterday and socks we collected for the refugees in Europe
Thursday, May 5th-

Today Molly actually said, "Mom, let's talk," and then proceeded to tell me about how she got a Minnie and Mickey toothbrush from "the place" which meant the dentist. She cracks me up.

Today I impulsively cut her hair so she has bangs. I think she looks grown up.

Ryan got his chipped tooth pulled today because the chip went all the way to the root. He did so well at the office but within a few minutes of getting back home he was in a lot of pain and cried for a long time. I made him a shake but that didn't even help. It took 15 minutes or so for the pain to subside after I have him some ibuprofen. Poor guy didn't even feel up to going back to school. Once he was his old self again he was really excited to see what the Tooth Fairy would give him for a molar.

Today Silas and I decided not to go to Tessa's wedding in June. Financially I have been worried about it but we were going to make it work. Time is the bigger issue. Silas's time is so limited now. Weekends are extra busy. Also, even though he has good benefits including paid vacation, we are trying to be very careful about the time he takes off of work. Today Silas wasn't feeling well at all and had to stay home, using one of his sick days. The wedding is very important to us but there are too many things working against that trip. We are going to focus on our trip to Washington in August for Great-Grandma Aitchison's birthday.

This evening I worked on our summer calendar. I am so excited for more time with the kids but as I add in the things we need to do and want to do, the days are getting filled and I feel a little like the summer is going to go so quickly. I want to enjoy it! I NEED to enjoy it! Cleod is on the verge of being a teen and my baby is almost 3! I feel like this is the last summer with little kids. Maybe I am being silly and naïve... but that is how I feel. Time is going so quickly and even though I love my alone time, I know that I will miss all of this craziness someday in the not-so-distant future.

Friday, May 6th-

For date night tonight we went out with Brett and Deruchette, Neisha and Carson and the Barneys to Brick House and then to the new Captain America movie. I think it was a good movie but Silas and I had some feelings of guilt for going. We just feel like our time is so precious lately and we love to just sit and talk on our date nights. Being with friends was really great, but the movie reminded us why we don't normally go to movies for dates. While we were gone, Cleod did a pretty awesome job with the kids. It was the longest we have let him tend the kids and there were a couple of things that we needed to talk about when we got home, but over all he did great. As hard as it feels sometimes to having a pre-teen with a hormonal attitude, it sure is nice to have his help.

No comments: