Friday, August 26, 2016

Cora's first day of school!

Thursday, August 25th-

Cora's first day of Kindergarten
Today my big girl CORA is going to school. The last few days I have been a little emotional about it...more than I have with any of my kids. But today I was OK. She is so ready and I am excited for her to learn to things and have fun with friends at a great school!

Silas came home for lunch in time to go with me to take her to school. Molly was super tired so it was nice that he could hold her while I helped Cora, as well as a couple other kids, find their spots in the classroom. Cora said bye at the door and would have been fine without us. I'm glad she is confident.
First day!
Waiting at the school, super tired
So ready for school!
Silas took Molly out for lunch which was super nice of him because I was meeting some friends for lunch and didn't want to have to worry about her. She can be super crazy. Turns out, she was super crazy for Silas. Poor guy. He brought her to me before heading to work and luckily she fell asleep on my way home
Lunch date!
Finally sleeping after lunch
I got home just a couple minutes after Cleod. It is the first time he has gotten home with no one here so I was feeling a little mommy-guilt. I got a text just before I got him and expected it to be a "Where are you?" message. Nope. He asked, "Can I make muddy buddies?" HAHAHA! He cracks me up. Once I got home and asked him if he was worried he said that he was curious about where I was but not worried. I think he likes to be home alone.

Cora had a great day! She was her bubbly, happy self when I picked her up. I have been a little worried about her getting bored and maybe getting into trouble at school but I  think she's going to do great!
Running to me! Yea!

No comments: