Sunday, August 28, 2016

Ryan's day, Aug 26

Friday, August 26th-

Ryan:

Today was a really good day. We celeberated my Birthday at school today, even though my real birthday is August 9,2005. And since Mrs. Williams ran out of candy bars when she gave one to Shawnee, I get one on Monday.

Mom:


My view of just Molly in the double stroller
after dropping Cora off at school

Today after taking Cora to school and coming back home, Molly and I just hung out. I did have a quick shower but besides that I just played with her. We read and did puzzles and then had a nap. I didn't set an alarm because Cleod comes home about 2:45. I woke up, however, to my 3:15pm alarm to get the other kids. In my tired haze I realized that Cleod had gone to a friend's house after school and I started folding laundry (because I do laundry MOST of my "free time"). Then I remembered that Cora was at school and I told them I would at least meet them half way. Luckily, I had explained to the boys that next week they would go get Cora from her class and walk home together and they did it today. As I was leaving to go check if they were coming, they opened the door, excited to see me! It is SO great and a little weird having kids that can take care of themselves in so many ways.

Tonight the 4 older kids and I went to the Children’s Musical Theater production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. It was a great play and we all really enjoyed it...but Grant got a headache and Silas had to pick him during intermission. It was pretty sad. Cora started complaining about a headache too but said it wasn't too bad so she stayed. By the end of the play though, she was miserable too.

Why do my kids (and myself and my husband!) get headaches so much? It is sad and frustrating. Cleod has had 2 bad headaches this week. We have got to figure out what to do!

No comments: