Thursday, August 4th-
 |
Word find, Dr. Pepper, Crunch and Munch, M&Ms, book, ear plugs and candy! |
 |
| Not even out of the driveway and they are excited about their workbooks and journals |
Today was a great day. It started out a little stressful with packing and trying to clean the house. Then we went to the orthodontist at the wrong time and missed an appointment with Emma about some primary stuff. I felt really badly but as we got home, Amber came over and gave me bag full of goodies for the trip, including a book I'm wanted to borrow from her and ear plugs! I had joked around about ear plugs with her in a text earlier this week when I was stressed about being in the car with the kids for so long. Anyway, the bag was so thoughtful and made my day! After that I sent the kids outside to play and I was able to finish getting everything packed and I even cleaned all the bathrooms AND swept and mopped the main floor.
 |
Silas sleeping on the way to Salt Lake with my mask and my ear plugs. Haha |
Silas for off at 1:15pm and we were out of the house a few minutes after 2pm. We got up to Darin and Nicolle’s house and visited with them. RJ and his family (minus Matthew and Caleb who are at EFY until Sat.) came soon after and we ate pizza with them for dinner. We had a great visit. I love my brothers and I'm glad the kids for to hang out again before the RJ Rowley family heads back to Illinois.
 |
| Hanging out at Darin and Nicolle's |
 |
| Silly Molly |
 |
| Grant and Laurelin |
 |
| Sunset this morning |
Silas is a champ. He drove from 9pm last night to 5:30am this morning before asking me to drive. He almost got us to WA before needed to rest. I drove to Salt Lake last night so he had a little nap then but I think he is just so excited to see his family that he can stay awake.
 |
| Excited to get to Grandma's |
I drove for a couple hours and the sun started to rise so the kids woke up and we stopped for breakfast. With the amount of road trips we have done we should know better, but this is what we learned today (again):
McDonald's breakfast is not worth the cost. Most of it is sugar and the kids don't want the “healthier” stuff. Next time, bring bagels, bananas, and/or muffins. Will save money and time.
No juice! I knew all through breakfast this was a poor choice. When Molly threw up all her orange juice the fact that it is a bad traveling choice became even more clear. (Luckily I had given her my blanket to cuddle with so most of the...juice...stayed in one area and we didn't have to clean the van.
 |
| Molly falling alseep after she threw up |
Don't ride the ferry from Edmonds to Kingston. It takes too long and is pricey. Next time ride it on the way home.
The kids like Nutella sandwiches. And good work at packing lunch, Robyn. We needed it while we waited in line for the ferry!
 |
| Breakfast |
 |
| On the Ferry from Edmonds to Kingston |
When we FINALLY got to Grandma and Grandpa’s house the kids ran right for their cousins and we unloaded our stuff. It is such a relief to be here. There is a FULL house, lots of people to feed and keep track of, but it is going to be a great week!
 |
Molly holding hands with Aunt Laura and her cousin Liam RIGHT when we got there.
|
 |
| Chatting with the Fellas |
 |
| Movie time |
 |
| Silas getting his new "Oregon Trail" game ready |
 |
| Molly being precious |
No comments:
Post a Comment