![]() |
| Diaper cake & shower treats |
This December our family is going to try to "Light the World." The Church has started this initiative/program and has ideas to serve for every day until Christmas Day.
Today was the Worldwide Day of Service. Megan and I had already planned a diaper shower for Tia so that worked out well. I didn't think about the day of service when I contacted my good friend Erin to see if she needed something today. I haven't been able to visit with her since Ryan died but I had a dream last night that I was doing her dishes and chatting with her. So I sent her a text this morning and told her this. I asked if she wanted me to come do her dishes. She said no but I asked if she wanted me to do anything else and she DID! She gave me some earrings that she needed to have delivered from her online store and I was happy to help. The day was busy but it was so nice to be able to help my sweet friend!
Friday, December 2nd-
This morning we found out that not only do we need new tires for the van (that's why we went in today) but we also need new shocks and struts. That's a grand total of $1600! That is NOT what I wanted to hear today and it kind of got me down. But we are going to be fine. We always are.
Tonight was the Ward Christmas Party. Silas got off work early and we did a quick trip to Wal-Mart to pick up some things. I went to the church a little early with the kids to set up and he and his counselors for back with the main food from Lin’s with very little time to spare.
Amber and the young women were in charge of decorations and it was beautiful!
Silas had been extremely worried about how the evening would go, but it seemed to go smoothly. The kids all had fun and Emma helped me a lot with Molly so I could mingle a little. The kids are at good ages for me to be able to leave them eating and chat with others. I did have a mini freak out moment where I let some of the pressure and stress get to me, but overall it was a nice evening!
![]() |
| Cleod helping out |
![]() |
| Ryan and Santa |
The kids we excited about Santa and none of my kids cried. Guess we are passed that. Weird. Cleod was a big boy and helped had things out to the kids after they visited with Santa. I love seeing how happy he is to help at church things lately.
![]() |
| Grant and Santa |
![]() |
| Cora and Santa |
![]() |
| Molly and Santa |
Today was a long day. The kids were a little more grumpy than normal...and so were Silas and I. Mostly it was my fault. (That is often how is goes...if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. Sometimes that is a lot of pressure and I fail.)
First of all, after the ward party last night the kids and I stayed up for an hour or so watching the rest of a football game we were in the middle of and then a couple shows from BYUtv. (They got to bed around 11pm.) It was fun to be lazy and not have a bedtime, but I found out today that some of my kids need more sleep to be nice.
I stayed up even later and watched Persuasion for the first time. (So, so good.) I was faster to snap at the kids today from being tired. I also didn't get to exercise today because I had to babysit at the gym and I was there for the whole time. Molly came with me and we snuggled a lot because there were only ever 2 other kids there at a time.
Today reminded me that it isn't good for me to be gone Saturday mornings. Silas had everything under control but it just seems to mess with the day.
In the afternoon we went to St. George so Silas and I take turns doing initiatory in the temple. I love hearing those promises! Then we visited with Grandma Jane before heading to Costco for dinner and shopping. It was a long day, but at least we were able to go to the temple.








No comments:
Post a Comment