Thursday, December 29, 2016

Dec 15-17

Thursday, December 15th-


Cleod played in the middle school beginning band concert tonight. It was a good concert and the band is improving a lot. Cleod is doing really well and is enjoying the bass clarinet.


Frank Heiser came with us to the concert. He is a thoughtful home teacher.



Friday, December 16th-


Another great Friday! The van's battery was dead when I went out to start the car before going to yoga so instead of going to the gym I caught up on some things around the house. Cora went straight for some paper and scissors and started crafting and Molly just was Molly. Sometimes she is the easiest kid. She will just sit and watch Cora or go off and read of play by herself.


Silas jumped the car during his lunch break so I was able to take Cora to school and stay and help. After helping in her class I helped the orchestra teacher tune and get ready for their concert. Ryan is quitting orchestra after this week which I am sad about, but he just doesn't love it. He already plays the guitar and the piano and loves those instruments so I'm not going to force him.


The concert went well, like any squeaky 5th grade orchestra concert. Haha. After that the music teacher got up and all the kids sang Christmas songs for about 15 minutes. Molly was getting whiny but I wanted to stay. It was super fun listening to all the kids single their hearts out.


We brought Grant home with us after the assembly because he wasn't feeling well, although he was fine once he was home. Haha. I do think he gets overwhelmed at school sometime. The noise is hard for him.


A storm was rolling in all day and it started snowing toward evening. Silas and I finally got to go on a real date tonight. It was supposed to be for our anniversary. We did a little shopping and then met Brett and Deruchette at Sweet Basil for a yummy Thai food dinner before going with them to the new Star Wars movie, Rogue One. Before going into the theater I was getting into the trunk to get some candy and the wind pushed the trunk down onto the top of my head. It was bad. I was surprised it wasn't bleeding, it hurt so badly. I had a weird headache through the movie, although I still enjoyed the movie...it was so good.


Saturday, December 17th-


Mom and Ryan at Pizza Cart
We had another lazy Saturday today. My head hurt all day so I just wanted to sit and it is frigid out so it was a cuddle up and watch football kind of day. The kids did their chores and had their computer time.


Ryan and I did go out in the afternoon for a little date. We ate some dessert pizza at Pizza Cart and then went to Wal-Mart to get some goodies for their teachers.


Ryan's note to his teacher
In the evening we wrote thank you cards to teachers, made goodie bags and watched Elf. Silas made Jambalaya for dinner. Afterward Silas and I went to the Stake center for a few minutes to congratulate Savanah Bryant who got married today.

Today at dinner Silas taught the kids about the game “20 questions.” I don't know why we haven't taught them about it before but it was pretty fun. We have smart kids!

No comments: