Friday, April 22, 2016

April 19 & 20

Tuesday, April 19th-

Started our morning at Grandma Warby's. While we were feeding her breakfast we got the news from Silas that a member of our ward, Carol, had passed away during the night. It wasn't a surprise because she has been very sick. Silas will be conducting his first funeral on Saturday which will be a new experience. He met with the son and the funeral home this afternoon and I think they have a plan so he isn't as nervous as he was. Also, he has some notes and a service outline from my dad. He has great support at work. One of the main guys there just got called to be an Area Seventy for our church and expressed to Silas that they love having good people work for them and that if he needs to leave for church things he didn't need to worry about it. And today he talked to LaNor Warby (who also works with him and was a Bishop a while back in the 9th ward) who gave him some good insights on funerals and also on the fact that Silas has the Priesthood keys that he needs to handle this situation. That helped Silas's confidence a lot.



Day 11
Almost healed!
(4-20-16)
Cora had her follow-up appointment today with Dr. Adams. Everyone was really happy to see the progress and how great her legs are looking. They took out the stitch and put a steri-strip on the biopsy sight. The biopsy came back saying vasculitis, which is inflammation in the blood vessels which we knew was happening. So at least we know we were on the right track. They are still fairly certain it is HSP and are hopeful that it is a one time deal.

We decided to run the exact same tests as last week to insure that her numbers all are back to normal. Hopefully I will hear back about that in a few days. Cora was HILARIOUS at the hospital. She was singing while getting her blood drawn, chant-singing about how they were taking her blood. She is just so positive and happy. I wish I could be just like that.

My happy girl, just after getting lab work done


Me and my crazy girls
It was lunch time when we were done at the hospital so I let Cora choose where she wanted to go for lunch. We have been trying not to go out as much but with all the poking she's endured the last week and a half I decided it was time for a treat.

She chose Dairy Queen so the three of us shared some lunch and got ice cream. Molly was super whiney while we were waiting but once she got some food in her, she was back to normal. I need to remember to pack snacks so she doesn't get like that when we need to be gone from home.

Excited for lunch


Today was a beautiful day and the neighbor was out enjoying it. Grant got a kite at school today and even though it didn't have all the correct pieces that it needed, he got it flying and was super happy about it. I was worn out and still feeling a little yucky so I enjoyed the sun from a camp chair at the end of the driveway while the kids played and played.
Lots of fun with the neighbors in the empty back lot
Grant flew a kite



Wednesday, April 20th-



Eating popcorn at Bulloch Drug
The cold/sore throat thing I've been ignoring since Friday night couldn't be ignored anymore. Grant is also feeling yucky. We got into the doctor right away this morning. Grant's isn't bad and might not be an infection yet but I have a sinus infection. I had 2 naps today and Molly had 2 accidents because I was not really paying attention to her. Poor girl. Each time she would just go change into dry clothes. She is being super independent.

When we got home from the doctor and pharmacies, we found that someone had decorated our front door and left a note for Cora. Cora was super excited about it and I felt really loved. Silas and I have had a lot stress this week and this small act showing that someone cares gave me a little boost. I hate being sick and not doing my normal thing or being able to help other people because we have germs we don't want to spread.

Cora and her decorated door
Amber came to the rescue this evening and took could to and from scouts as well as picking up the agenda and some other papers that I had for the presidency meeting that I was going to miss again. The evening was a little stressful and although I don't regret that Silas was at the church doing his calling, I missed having him home to help at night. I was trying to rest while the boys were showering and went upstairs to the girls coloring on their door. It came right off when I finally gave Cora a Lysol wipe to clean it off, but it still gave me feelings of overwhelmth (that's a word I made up).

Grant working on fluency
While the girls were bathing, I helped Grant with some reading. I love working on his fluency reading with him every day. It's our time to sit down together, even if it's for 5 minutes.

Once everyone was bathed and showered we had a few minutes to read before scriptures and prayer. In theory, we try to be together in the living room for 20 or 30 minutes before family scripture time so that the kids can have some calm before bed and get some reading time in for the day. I love when this actually happens. It helps bedtime to go so much more smoothly. Tonight Molly fell asleep next to Ryan and I on the couch.
Ryan reading and Molly sleeping

No comments: