Saturday, April 23rd-
 |
| Tired daddy with his girl |
This morning started out with the funeral of our ward member, Carol Broadwell. It was a lovely service. All the talks were thoughtful and moving. Silas conducted the meeting very well and gave a good talk as well. He has been SO worried about this and he really did such a great job. One thing that I learned from the talks today was that I need to act on my promptings or desires to help others. I came home after the funeral but Silas went to the graveside and back to the church afterward for a little while so he didn't get home until afternoon. Once he was home and changed, he fell asleep with Molly for a LONG time.

The other kids spent most of the day outside. James Redhouse has been making Light Sabers out of PVC pipe and today there were enough Light Sabers for everyone. Then playing morphed into watch The Force Awakens in the Redhouse's garage. Haha. The kids thought it was the best thing ever. Ryan says that James is "very kid friendly." I am grateful our kids are growing up in a good neighborhood.
 |
| Watching Star Wars in the garage |
 |
| Cora and Molly being silly today |
Sunday, April 24th-
Today I officially made the decision to ask to be released from my calling in Young Women's. I've been thinking about it almost the whole month but didn't want to admit that I couldn't handle everything. With the extra stress of Cora's illness, the time and energy that I should have been putting into my calling was creating unnecessary feelings of burden on my shoulders which affects the way I interact with the kids. I realize now that I need to scale back and that I need to more fully embrace my callings of Wife and Mother.
So I went to the Saylor's this morning and chatted with Mary about being released. She was going to talk to me about it soon so it wasn't a surprise and she agreed with me. I had talked to Silas about it a week or so ago so hopefully they will be able to replace me soon.
 |
| Big girl |
Cleod and Molly seem to be affected the most by Silas's calling. Cleod's pre-teen argumentative nature has become almost unbearable for me at times. I take his attitude toward me way too personally and I need to work on that and show him that I love him even when he's being dumb.
Poor Molly cries nearly every time Silas or I leave the house. She is growing so fast and wants to be so independent but she also has moments where she wants to be held or fed like a baby. I don't know if this is normal for a last child because I've never had a child that is almost 3 without having another baby, but I am wondering if it is partially because of the time Silas is away from us and that I am not making up for that lost time. Since Silas is gone more I feel like I have more to do so I am doing housework or whatever needs to be done and not spending really quality time with the kids in the evenings. This is another thing I need to work on.
 |
| Bye bye little potty! |
No comments:
Post a Comment