Wednesday, April 27, 2016

April 21 & 22

Thursday, April 21st-

Still feeling awful. Grant is too. Realized super late tonight that I was supposed to be doing preschool here tomorrow. Had to cancel last minute. I hate being unreliable. This winter/spring has been hard for us.


Delicious dessert pizza
The last couple of weeks I have been trying to be really careful about spending money on extra stuff but tonight I splurged and bought Pizza Cart. Even though I wanted to get it anyway, I had a good excuse that made me feel a little better about it. Silas found out this afternoon that he got a "cell phone reimbursement" added to his pay so he will get $20 more a paycheck. It's not a ton of money but with the way I have been penny-pinching it is going to be so nice for us.

I also have been trying to be strict again with my eating but blew that one with the delicious Nutella Raspberry Dessert from Pizza Cart that my kids said they would eat but barely did. Silas doesn't like it either...I should have taken some to a neighbor or something...but I ate it...

This evening Silas pointed out that Cora's face was a little chubbier than normal. I hadn't really realized it and decided to try to get a photo of it. Obviously, the photo shoot wasn't really successful but it got the job done. It is a little more round than it was 2 weeks ago. I am not worried about it but curious to see how long it will take to go back to normal. (She's taking steroids until Saturday.)

Cora's chubby face
Friday, April 22nd-

Thank goodness for Fridays.

Grant went to school for a couple hours but his throat started hurting so I picked him up. Both of us have had waves of energy and then we crash. He seems close to being over it and mostly has hard mornings and nights. I can't get out of bed at my normal time, crash once or twice in the middle of the day and then feel exhausted at night. Today I got some organizing done that I could do mostly sitting so I feel a little more accomplished. I am also getting a lot more reading done the last few days that I have recently, which is nice.

After school we played at the park for a few minutes. It felt good for the girls, Grant and I to be outside for a few minutes. Molly was crazy and wrestled Cleod to the ground. She cracks me up...and Cleod is such a good sport with her!

Ready to go camping!

Today we had a couple of firsts. Tonight Cleod is at his first overnight campout without his dad. That's big. I should be nervous but I'm not. He's going to have so much fun.

The other first was the beginnings of helping with the first funeral since Silas has been Bishop. We met some of the family tonight at the church building to let them in so they could put some pictures out. Silas and I had gone out for a quick date because even though I was feeling yucky I really wanted to get out of the house. Then Silas was contacted about getting into the church so we headed over there. Silas and I ended up cleaned the Chapel and helped the Relief Society President get a few things ready for the luncheon tomorrow. We've helped with things like this before but it feels very different this time. And even though I wasn't feeling great, it felt good to serve.

No comments: