Friday, February 12th-
 |
| Happy boy |
Ryan won best Valentine's box for all of the 4th grade. He was super excited! Cleod said that the 5th grade chose not to have a competition, which I don't mind. Our kids are actually really good at dealing with not winning things, but it still makes for some tender feelings. On the other hand, sometimes when my kids win things I feel guilty because that means someone else didn't win. I don't love competitions when it comes to my kids.
Anyway, the kids enjoyed their day of Valentine fun and got to have some candy before Silas and I headed out for an early date.
Tonight we tried out a new restaurant called Honolulu Grill. It was super yummy. We decided it has a fast food feel ("to-go" Styrofoam containers even when you are staying there) with a nicer restaurant price and flavor. So we will probably grab lunch there or for a stay-home date but not to go and sit and relax.
So for more relaxation, we headed over to Brick House for cheesecake and hot cocoa. We love it there so much! The people are nice and the food is so yummy.
 |
| Whipped cream from Heaven |
 |
| So good |
Silas has been starting to feel like a cold is coming so we decided that he would be lazy at home the rest of the night while I took three of the kids with me to the SUU gymnastics meet. Tonight it was a meet between SUU, BYU and SAC State (from Sacramento). It was an amazing meet to watch and SUU won! They did so great. I love watching gymnastics!
 |
| Excited for the meet |
 |
| Aftermath of some blue candy |
 |
| Warm-ups on the vault |
 |
| More Valentine candy fun |
For scripture time tonight, Silas used our new Chrome Cast to "cast" the Gospel Library app from his phone to the TV. It was pretty cool. The kids have enjoyed casting their games from the tablet onto the TV on Saturdays. I also have used it to watch YouTube videos for home work-outs.
 |
| Reading scriptures from the TV |
No comments:
Post a Comment