Friday, February 19, 2016

February 14

Sunday, February 14th-


Icing cupcakes
Silas and I don't love Valentine's day. We are happy and go on dates regularly. Silas stresses about giving gifts and I like to pick out my own things so we decided not to even worry about it today, which was fine except for a few moments in the evening when I was stressed about something else and decided to feel badly for myself for not having received anything. That passed though and I am quite happy with my husband. :)

This morning we made and decorated cupcakes with the kids. They always love to help me bake and who doesn't love a little extra sugar boost in the morning.

Ryan getting a "massage"

The kids had a good morning playing together with only a few reminders that it was Sunday.

In the evening the kids and I headed over to feed Grandma Warby some dinner. When we got there she was sleeping in her chair, which is normal, but this time it was hard for her to get herself awake. It took a while to get her to go from her chair to the bathroom. Whenever I checked on her she was falling asleep in the bathroom. Poor Grandma. So after over an hour, I finally got her to the kitchen to feed her some dinner.


Me at Grandma's house, trying not to lose it.
By this time we had been there for almost two hours so I had Silas come get the kids (they were going crazy) and I stayed and put Grandma to bed. It took a little convincing but we got it done. Grandma really loves her routine so when stuff is not at the normal time she has a hard time. Also, once she was fully awake she was confused at why she was eating dinner so late. Poor lady.

Oh, and today I taught Ryan's primary class and had a really good time! Emma Slade subbed as the chorister and was hilarious and the kids were really involved in the lesson and seemed to really be listening to what I was trying to teach them. The lesson was 1 Nephi 18, where Nephi and his family are crossing the sea and he gets tied up by his brothers. We had a good discussion about being grateful and being a good example even when it isn't cool or popular. Good lesson for me too.

No comments: